Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2015 10:25:17 AM EDT
Been checking the Spencer replicas out. Look like a fun and different type of lever gun.

Anyone here ever see/fire one in person?

Kinda figuring to go with the .44-40 chambering for ease of ammo obtainment.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Handled some at a gunshop once real solid action and amazingly well balanced even the long "musket" version balanced like a carbine. But the fact you have to cock the hammer manually seemed like itd take some gettin used to.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the over all look and fit . UNFORTUNATELY the one store selling them is $200 over what CTD has them listed for.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a carbine and own an infantry rifle in 56-50. Very well made and function quuite well. I think the rifle is better balanced than the Carbine however I think the carbine I had shot better than the rifle.

I would get the 45 colt version if you plan on reloading mostly because the 45 colt will be easier to load for. I've reloaded 44-40 and the necks are easy to crush on the cases.

Not sure I would buy one at todays $$$$$$.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had a carbine and own an infantry rifle in 56-50. Very well made and function quite well. I think the rifle is better balanced than the Carbine however I think the carbine I had shot better than the rifle.

I would get the 45 colt version if you plan on reloading mostly because the 45 colt will be easier to load for. I've reloaded 44-40 and the necks are easy to crush on the cases.

Not sure I would buy one at today's $$$$$$.
View Quote

At $1,400, I agree they are a bit to 'spendy' for what you get at this time.  I don't see the reason they are more than $230 higher priced than Cimarron's 1873 Special Sporting Rifle with it's better wood and finer finish.  I also agree with getting one in 45 Colt it's closer to the original 56-56 caliber (fat) than a 44-40 is.  Besides, then you can get a SA Peacemaker clone in 45 Colt to go with it!

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At $1,400, I agree they are a bit to 'spendy' for what you get at this time.  I don't see the reason they are more than $230 higher priced than Cimarron's 1873 Special Sporting Rifle with it's better wood and finer finish.  I also agree with getting one in 45 Colt it's closer to the original 56-56 caliber (fat) than a 44-40 is.  Besides, then you can get a SA Peacemaker clone in 45 Colt to go with it!

View Quote

You can get SAA clones in 44-40 too!

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top