Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2015 12:49:13 PM EDT
I have several lever guns and I am thinking of selling one I don't , have never shot. I bought it from a family that that was selling their dads gun store contents after he passed away. It is a Trails End Model 94 in 44 mag, here is where I am having trouble finding the value. It is a tang safety, case colored with an octagon barrel. It has never been loaded or shot. The caliber is why I am thinking of selling, all my pistols and other lever rifles are 22 or 357. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:16:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep it, you'll like it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Keep it, you'll like it.
View Quote
+1

A rifle in 44mag is pretty sweet.  You ought to at least shoot it before you just dump it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two other sets of pistols and lever rifles, I don't reload for 44 and don't plan on starting for one specific gun. I have not shot it and won't to leave it unfired for value. I have had problems finding info on this particular rifle, with the octagon barrel and case colored finish. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]
tang safety, receiver safety, or no safety ?   All those will influence value
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
As stated in the opening post Tang Safety, thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:05:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As stated in the opening post Tang Safety, thanks
View Quote

just check gunbroker for completed listings of similar firearms ---  its a late model post 2003 or so angle eject, so its not worth a pile of dirt to a collector, but fools and their money are easily parted, so you may get somebody out there to pay between 650 and 850 for it ---- if your not in a hurry to sell, maybe more--- after all, look at the prices people have been paying for late model marlin 94's -- which are not half the gun as their Winchester designed counterpart
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info, I have checked GB and others for a while now and have never been able to find one with the octagon barrel and case colored together, I just saw one case colored, tang safety listed for 1200, the seller says "from my personal collection"  it will be interesting to see what and if it sells for.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I keep saying I'm going to standardize my ammo. Cut down to a few core calipers. Then I realize I'm lieing to myself. Keep the 44 mag, its a great caliber.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info, I have checked GB and others for a while now and have never been able to find one with the octagon barrel and case colored together, I just saw one case colored, tang safety listed for 1200, the seller says "from my personal collection"  it will be interesting to see what and if it sells for.
View Quote

$1200?? That's nuts.  I was going to say maybe $600 because it's new.  The tang safety models generally don't hold their value as well as the pre-safety models.  Personally I won't pay money for a 94 with a safety on it, there are too many unmolested models out there to choose from.  I have a .44 magnum 94 from the first run of them in the early 70's and I can attest to the .44magnum 94 being a great combo.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the 1200 is high also, If you find a Trails end model with Case Colored finish and an octagon barrel like mine for 600, no matter the safety it should be know brainer buy. Mine is never been loaded more or less fired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top