Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2014 10:19:26 AM EDT
Went to the big show this past weekend at the Atlanta Expo with the intent to find another old lever gun.  What I found was priced thru the roof except for one guy
had 1958 manufacture in fair condition. Only visible issues was a forearm swivel stud that had broke thru the wood. Bluing was a little worn. It was definitely one
that had seen some use.

He was asking $550 but immediately came down to $450.  I hadn't been there long and wanted to see what else was available. After a while I headed back to
offer him $400 cash and it was gone.  He said he sold it for $400. This happens every time. Almost.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Went to the big show this past weekend at the Atlanta Expo with the intent to find another old lever gun.  What I found was priced thru the roof except for one guy
had 1958 manufacture in fair condition. Only visible issues was a forearm swivel stud that had broke thru the wood. Bluing was a little worn. It was definitely one
that had seen some use.

He was asking $550 but immediately came down to $450.  I hadn't been there long and wanted to see what else was available. After a while I headed back to
offer him $400 cash and it was gone.  He said he sold it for $400. This happens every time. Almost.
View Quote

Still haven't learned when you see it, buy it.  You should know prices going in to the show.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
He who hesitates looses my life story
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Still haven't learned when you see it, buy it.  You should know prices going in to the show.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that had seen some use.

I know prices.  I wanted to see if there were any others before spending my money.  It was worth $400-$450.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:23:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know prices.  I wanted to see if there were any others before spending my money.  It was worth $400-$450.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
that had seen some use.

Good, now learn to haggle. The buyer did
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top