Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2014 2:53:30 PM EDT
How much could a Winchester 94 in 30-30 made in 1911 with less than 100 rounds through it and nearly mint condition, not rust, no scratches, a 10 out of 10 in my eyes. Unfortunately no pics I believe it might also have the original box.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the asking price? It should be pretty high.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the asking price? It should be pretty high.
View Quote

What I was going to say. Anything less than 700 would be a STEAL if everything checks out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
no asking price right now at least, its a friends grandfathers gun and he was wanting to know how much it was worth and asked me since apparently i'm the local gun guy and it's pretty much a safe queen, hardly ever used and put up clean and safely every time.. but i was just wanting to know a basic value range for something like that, and for my own curiosity. hes also got a mint condition new in box browning hi-power, old but dont know exact date pre 64 pretty sure
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:10:51 AM EDT
[#4]
North of 1K, easy. Closer to 2K. That is assuming the condition is as you say.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like he has some real nice firearms there. If he'll let you, I'd be interested in seeing pictures of both the '94 and the Browning.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How much could a Winchester 94 in 30-30 made in 1911 with less than 100 rounds through it and nearly mint condition, not rust, no scratches, a 10 out of 10 in my eyes. Unfortunately no pics I believe it might also have the original box.
View Quote

Have to see that to believe it. It would be a 103 year old box!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Well if i do get the chance to get some pics i sure will and ill post them but it really is a very nice gun, i told him what the gun could be worth and he was amazed
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds about right I was thinking around the $1300-$1600 range probably.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya, but again im not 100% sure it had it
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sounds like he has some real nice firearms there. If he'll let you, I'd be interested in seeing pictures of both the '94 and the Browning.
View Quote

I know the only other thing he has in that particular safe is a junker Stevens shotgun he found in a have demo-ed house. And do you happen to know when the Hi-Power's were first made? Because i know its a fairly early model.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I know the only other thing he has in that particular safe is a junker Stevens shotgun he found in a have demo-ed house. And do you happen to know when the Hi-Power's were first made? Because i know its a fairly early model.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Patent was filed June 28, 1923.
In service in 1934 technically, but wasn't really adopted largely until 1935.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hence the designation P35.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sounds about right I was thinking around the $1300-$1600 range probably.
View Quote
More than that IMHO, and definitely much more with the original box. Take a look here at some of the asking prices: http://www.gunsinternational.com/winchester-model-1894-pre-64-rifles.cfm?cat_id=430&start_row=1

Now, obviously the asking price doesn't mean it's actually selling for that much, but that's roughly what you'd be up against if you tried to sell it.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I would love to see photos of the gun and box.

The early Winchesters had lots of hand work and were real classy guns , generally great fit of the wood and the shape of the hammer just had a nice feel to everything . Not sure when the more modern guns started appearing . While the older guns are generally very nice to look at they of course generally have a fair amount of use and wear .

Any early gun that is extra minty is of course very rare and it comes down to finding the right collector who really wants something special .

I can't even imagine what the box for a 1911 gun would look like . I have been banging around gun stores and collectors for 40 years and I don't remember ever coming across a long gun box earlier than 1950 or so and no pistol boxes earlier than 1930 or so.

If the OP has a chance he couldn't hardly send us too many pictures
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Precisely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top