Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2014 4:21:48 PM EDT
So im bored, beginning of the year, Decide i wanted a pistol suppressor, all them rifle cans, and not 1 pistol, hand guns feeling left out . I have the stevesgunz vid and did a very nice action job. This unit is like butter.  I shot standard load 125gr xtreme jfp's . Was going to work some sub's up. BUT i wanted to see what standard loads sounded like.......They were very quiet, mostly due to bbl length. Another board member was out there road testing with me. His reply when i ran a few rounds suppressed... Very Impressive.  I doubt i will be doing any subs, based on the 125 and 158gr standard hand loads i ran down the pipe.

Sent the rossi 92 furniture out for refinish, nothing special. Make the wood look something other than stock. Zteknik, bobbyZ from a local forum did the wood. Pics are not the best

While the woods off have bbl threaded. Lesson learned. Don't have bbl threaded till you know specs of can. This was a little long, so i made a spacer to keep it looking semi stock.

YHM Cobra in 45acp approved last month

little orange nail polish on front sight. W/out it the sight is washed out buy the can. You can use the stocks irons, barely seeing the front sight over the can.Did a 25yd get on paper. using suppressed and unsuppressed the POI was 1/4" difference if that.  Thinking about a RDS , remove rear sight, get dovetail for a burris FF3,

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. I love suppressed pistol-caliber carbines.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:Thinking about a RDS, remove rear sight, get dovetail for a burris FF3,
View Quote

If or when you figure out how to do this, using the stock rear sight dovetail, let us know.

I've been looking at doing this for a while and can't find just the right mount.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Who threaded your barrel?? Have a 16" that may get threaded one day
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If or when you figure out how to do this, using the stock rear sight dovetail, let us know.

I've been looking at doing this for a while and can't find just the right mount.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Thinking about a RDS, remove rear sight, get dovetail for a burris FF3,

Supposedly burris has dove tail mounts in different specs, since i have a few fast fires. However at this time, it shoot very well with the orange front sight just tall enough to give me a sight picture. It's dead nuts on @ 25, just off to the right 1" if that ,suppressed. Been doing a bunch of 25yd sight ins with 22's so this is on the back burner till we set up @ the 50.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who threaded your barrel?? Have a 16" that may get threaded one day
View Quote

Hockeysew over in the COHTF
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
very cool

tag
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]
With regard to a Fastfire mount fitting in the rear sight dovetail, that would indeed work if there were a handgun with a very similar dovetail (slightly bigger than 3/8" about .390 at the base) but I haven't found one yet. The Leupold Deltapoint also comes with a bunch of dovetail mounts for various handguns. I would love to get my hands on one of those kits to see if any can be easily fitted to the Rossi rear sight dovetail.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
With regard to a Fastfire mount fitting in the rear sight dovetail, that would indeed work if there were a handgun with a very similar dovetail (slightly bigger than 3/8" about .390 at the base) but I haven't found one yet. The Leupold Deltapoint also comes with a bunch of dovetail mounts for various handguns. I would love to get my hands on one of those kits to see if any can be easily fitted to the Rossi rear sight dovetail.
View Quote

I'll ask my guy what he has in the part bins. I have no issue taking down a dovetail, using some emery paper. Anything can work, with lots of wescog'ing
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep us posted. Very interested if you find something that fits.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Fwiw, there used to be a factory-made scout mount for the Rossi/Puma guns. I put one on my 16" .357 with an RDS and it works well. Might shop around & see if any are still avaiable.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fwiw, there used to be a factory-made scout mount for the Rossi/Puma guns. I put one on my 16" .357 with an RDS and it works well. Might shop around & see if any are still avaiable.
View Quote

Mine is an older model. If i remove the rear sight, it's just a dovetail, no holes drilled for scope mount.  I'm liking the irons as do people who shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Same here. Pre-safety model that's not drilled and tapped. Would be great to use the rear sight dovetail without major gunsmithing.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Mine is an older model. If i remove the rear sight, it's just a dovetail, no holes drilled for scope mount.  I'm liking the irons as do people who shoot it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. Mine is from probably 1997-1999; don't recall exactly, but definitely the late 90's. I don't remember if it required drilling/tapping or not, I had it installed by a gunsmith in probably 2005-ish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top