Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2014 10:27:03 PM EDT
I need to have my 92 threaded. Who does that type work on a model 92.
It is for a supressor.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I found what I was looking for. Class 3 Machining Co. I had it bookmarked and lost
the bookmark. Then i could not remember the name. Then I was told to walk into the light.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]
This guy has done a few, I used him for a special 10/22 project, not sure Id use him again. Long story but he lied to me multiple times. Lots have had good luck with him though.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_143/1029861_Barrel_Threading_sale__50__Bolt_Knobs_threaded_for__40__Can_do_Mini_14_s__PTR_91__Lever_Actions_too_.html
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#3]
One thing to be aware of, is that you'll also need to have the magazine tube shortened, at least if it's flush with the end of the barrel as most are.

The 16" rossi .357 with scout-mounted red dot and Abraxas titanium artificial-environment suppressor. You can see in the above pic that I had to shorten the magazine tube slightly to allow the muzzle to extend enough for threading:

I had mine done by a local gunsmith that had done numerous things for me over the years. IIRC, it cost something like $125-$135 including shortening of the magazine tube and relocating the mag tube end cap.
IIRC,
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I used a local smith, for mine. Just posted pics in a new thread titled Rossi project 92 shhhh. Shortening of tube was minimal.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
...DT ..
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Problem I got is I can't find a local gunsmith that will do this. I had one , held the gun for a month, then pretty much told me he did not want to do it.
No problem with that if you told me up front you did not want to do it. Hey I just got an idea. We have a member who used to work at Red Jacket.
Can't remember his name but i will find out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Problem I got is I can't find a local gunsmith that will do this. I had one , held the gun for a month, then pretty much told me he did not want to do it.
No problem with that if you told me up front you did not want to do it. Hey I just got an idea. We have a member who used to work at Red Jacket.
View Quote

53gunner

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:...Hey I just got an idea. We have a member who used to work at Red Jacket.
View Quote

Is red jacket actually good? No personal experience with them, but couple friends of mine who are very serious class-3 guys pretty much cringe at the name.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is red jacket actually good? No personal experience with them, but couple friends of mine who are very serious class-3 guys pretty much cringe at the name.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:...Hey I just got an idea. We have a member who used to work at Red Jacket.

as they or anyone should. candy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top