Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2014 8:19:07 PM EDT
Bought a Win 94 in 30-30 for $159 today. After I load 1 round in the tube I cannot insert a second round. The cartridge seems to be under the loading gate.

If I partially load a round so the loading gate is still depressed, I can keep loading no problems.

The rifle seems to feed and eject with no problems. Easy fix, or send it back to Cabela's for it to be fixed, since I just bought it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
no one?

Do you have to load a Win 94 with a cartridge always partially out of the loading gate?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no one?

Do you have to load a Win 94 with a cartridge always partially out of the loading gate?
View Quote

Don't HAVE to, it's just usually a lot easier that way.

It's usually possible to finesse things around until the round you've let get all the way in there and behind the gate gets cammed forward far enough to get the gate open behind it.  Sometimes it's no fuss, no muss.  Other times it's gotten to where finding a goat or rooster to sacrifice (after the incantation of swear words proved to be too weak to have any effect) has started to sound like a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, everyone i ever had, this is the way to work it.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no one?

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]
they can be a finicky breed

if they load ok, they usually have feeding issues

but, they've always gone bang
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#5]
This $8 ebook has several really good diagrams and cutaways that show the loading and feed functions.

94 Ebook

ETA: I'm not connected in any way, but I did buy the Hi Power book and it's worth the $8.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top