Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2014 9:17:25 PM EDT
Talk about an excellent brush gun cartridge. Anyone producing it at an affordable price yet?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Big Horn Armory is the only one that I'm aware of. They are beautiful firearms but I wouldn't exactly classify them as affordable.

BHA Model 90
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Not that I'm aware of. In the fwiw column though, the .454 from a carbine will out-power a .308 rifle. My 20" .454 puma launches a 240-grain bullet at more than 2400 fps; or more than 3,100 ft/lbs of energy. IMO, there's not a thing on my continent that can't be taken with that power level, especially out to as far as I'm going to hit anything with an iron-sighted levergun. If a person wants 'more' than that out of a levergun, that's well & good and more power to them (so to speak.. ); personally I don't want anything more than that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
How about a 500 S&W lever??
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not that I'm aware of. In the fwiw column though, the .454 from a carbine will out-power a .308 rifle. My 20" .454 puma launches a 240-grain bullet at more than 2400 fps; or more than 3,100 ft/lbs of energy. IMO, there's not a thing on my continent that can't be taken with that power level, especially out to as far as I'm going to hit anything with an iron-sighted levergun. If a person wants 'more' than that out of a levergun, that's well & good and more power to them (so to speak.. ); personally I don't want anything more than that.
View Quote

I would rather use a .45-70, unless you are specifically talking about carrying a wheelgun that shoots the exact same load/ammo....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top