Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2014 8:12:09 PM EDT
Couldnt pass this up. 200 bucks. Dont know much about them. Do all the parts and upgrades for the current rossi guns work in these??

This is only the second lever gun I have ever owned and while I have shot them a bunch the ins and outs are never something I got in to.

Pic of course
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a good deal...

Interarms did not make all thier guns. Could be a Rossi. Do a google search to be sure.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interarms did not make all thier guns. Could be a Rossi. Do a google search to be sure.
View Quote

I wasn't aware interarms made anything and assumed it was a Rossi. I even think it was tagged that way. I just know Interarms as a importer.

I will do some searching this weekend to educate myself.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I wasn't aware interarms made anything and assumed it was a Rossi. I even think it was tagged that way. I just know Interarms as a importer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're correct in that Interarms is just an importer.

Interamrs imported 92-style rifles from Rossi, then someone else, and used the same name for both.  So they sometimes get confusing.  It's easy enough to look it up on the net and figure out who actually made it.

At $200, it's money well spent no matter who made it.  I have a Rossi made Interarms in .45Colt I bought for $250 and it's one of the most fun guns I've ever owned.  You did well!

I'm pretty sure the Rossi made ones are compatible with the current Rossi parts wise.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Interamrs imported 92-style rifles from Rossi, then someone else, and used the same name for both.  So they sometimes get confusing.  It's easy enough to look it up on the net and figure out who actually made it.

At $200, it's money well spent no matter who made it.  I have a Rossi made Interarms in .45Colt I bought for $250 and it's one of the most fun guns I've ever owned.  You did well!

I'm pretty sure the Rossi made ones are compatible with the current Rossi parts wise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool thanks. That is actually my project this morning looking up some info on this thing
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You can go to a web forum...Rossi-rifleman.com to get all kinds of info. on your new lever gun.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can go to a web forum...Rossi-rifleman.com to get all kinds of info. on your new lever gun.
View Quote

I just had another member here PM me with that info. Hope to check it out later today.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#7]
They are Rossi manufactured.  All parts fit except new-made Rossi bolts have a manual safety set into the top.  These parts and the bolt itself are different but I think the bolt itself still could be fitted into an earlier gun.

Modern Rossi rifle/carbines don't have the front sight integral to the barrel band, newer guns have the sight brazed onto the barrel or dovetailed on octagon barreled guns.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]
That's good to know about the parts interchanging. The more I look at this gun the more I like it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#9]
It looks like you have a good one, I'm sure you will not regret the purchase.  What caliber is your carbine?

I have a rifle version in .45 Colt with a 24 inch barrel.  I could not be happier with it and I'm considering getting a Ruger Vaquero (first version) as a companion pistol.

I have a SAA clone in .45 Colt, but the Rossi will handle loads that would (sooner or later) disassemble the clone, the first version of the Vaquero will handle anything I would care to put through the Rossi '92.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#10]

I hope to suppress it down the road someday but until then it will just be a companion to my blackhawk when I'm feeling like a cowboy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top