Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2014 10:09:27 AM EDT

Wanting to have a 2nd set of furniture for my 44 mag rifle. I have searched around and could not find any specifically for the 1894.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You might try Wild West Guns in Anchorage, Alaska. They have synthetic stocks for the 1895 Marlins and may have others.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Did I read them right? $650 for synthetic stock set?
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be for a fiberglass stock  --- more in common with a custom Mcmillen stock than a cheesy hollow RamLine
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That would be for a fiberglass stock  --- more in common with a custom Mcmillen stock than a cheesy hollow RamLine
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ramline may be cheesy, but it's also a fuck of a lot cheaper.  For $650 you can buy another levergun and paint both stocks matte black.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ramline may be cheesy, but it's also a fuck of a lot cheaper.  For $650 you can buy another levergun and paint both stocks matte black.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or a pile of replacement wood stock sets from Brownells/Numrich - etc -- and then paint them all with hammertone paint

------honestly - my new 336Y rifle has a laminate stock -- i have been thinking of all kinds of alternatives -- some of the greenish/gray laminates look ok, but the brown laminates are aberrations that should be hidden from view with even uglier black paint

---- like a neglected  teenage girl who decides to tart herself up with goth makeup and black fingernails
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

---- like a neglected  teenage girl who decides to tart herself up with goth makeup and black fingernails
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#7]

The 1894 has a black painted stock and IMO it looks better than the Ramline the 336 under it is wearing.

2 coats of black primer and 2 coats of Rustoleum Hammered.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#8]
All I want is another set I can put on my 1894SS when I have it out in the field. Bad presumption that synthetic would be cheap. The wood I have (on the rifle) is really nice but I already put a couple dents and scratches on it and would like to keep it looking good. I am really rough on my equipment when I hunt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All I want is another set I can put on my 1894SS when I have it out in the field. Bad presumption that synthetic would be cheap. The wood I have (on the rifle) is really nice but I already put a couple dents and scratches on it and would like to keep it looking good. I am really rough on my equipment when I hunt.
View Quote

Why not find another set of bullshit wood for it then paint that?
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what I plan to do, but I won't even bother painting it. Just beat it up in the field as-is!
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where does that tree grow?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Phil, tell me more about your square bolt Marlin.  Is it a 44 mag?  Looks like a Burris FF red dot.  How did you mount that?  How do you like the dot?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Phil, tell me more about your square bolt Marlin.  Is it a 44 mag?  Looks like a Burris FF red dot.  How did you mount that?  How do you like the dot?  Thanks.
View Quote

I have one on a Buckmark and love it. On the pistol it is a little hard to bring it up quickly, but I am going to throw it on a rifle to see how it is on a long gun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I have an MPI fiberglass stock set on 1894C. It is marketed for an 1895 but it fits the 94's too. Total cost was not cheap, around ~$330 unfinished and unfitted. It would be cheaper to by a replacement wood set for sure, but I had my heart set on synthetic for the weight and moisture resistance. Overall, I'm reall happy with mine. I'll post some pics later.

http://www.mpistocks.com/blankpricelist.htm
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love the dot on that rifle and with the Marlin specific base, it sits nice and low.  It's actually a 357, my 44 mag is stainless.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top