Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2013 5:24:54 AM EDT
Sacrilegious or not, I want to add black synthetic furniture to my new Marlin 336w. Researching, I have seen that Ram line had them but they are discontinued. Are there any other manufactures of synthetic black stocks for the Marlin 336? Or am I going have to refurnish my original ones?    Thanks in advance guys as I am new to the lever action world.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#1]
It's too bad the RamLine stock set was discontinued, they can be made to look pretty nice with just a little work. MPI makes fiberglass stocks for Marlin levers but they're pretty pricey.

http://www.mpistocks.com/availablestocks.htm

Check with Wild West Guns also, they may have synthetic stocks for your 336. Keep an eye on ebay and maybe post a WTB over on some of the other lever gun forums.

I put a RamLine set on my old 336 years ago, in a panic I discovered the forend on my rifle was cracked just a few days before a hunt and RamLine was my only real option to make the gun serviceable in time. I thought it would be a temporary fix but I was really happy after I got them installed. It was a tight fit to install, I had to remove just the smallest amount in the tang area. Now a few yrs later it seems like the plastic has relaxed a bit and the fit is about as perfect as it gets. I don't know the exact weight difference, but they're noticeably lighter then the original wood stocks.

Since then I've painted them with rustOleum Multicolor textured spray and put some grip tape panels on the forend. The paint has proven pretty durable, I've only resprayed once in the lase 5 years. The other thing was the buttstock had a cheap hollow feel and sound, I pulled off the buttplate and filled the stock with GreatStuff foam. Now it has a nice quiet solid feel. If I were building another 336 I would definitely try to find another set.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:44:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been searching for months with no success.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Check Midway USA.  They had some of the Ramline stocks not too long ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Check Midway USA.  They had some of the Ramline stocks not too long ago.

Long gone!
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
There was one on ebay last week but it went for $132 i believe. If i knew they were so ellusive i would have bid on it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad I got one when I did then...
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Apparently Ramline is under new ownership.  They are supposed to re-release these stocks.  I have not been able to verify at this point.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Ramline is still under the ATK umbrella. They are just merging with another ATK subsidary, Champion.
I put a youth stock on 336, wow is it handy and light. I did it becuase the oringal stock  is 60 years old (yeah a 1952 model) so I thought it would liven it up a little, boy does it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top