Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2017 8:03:43 PM EDT
Need a door (will be inside, but does not need to be pretty). Looking to get something steel, swing out, and tough, but not break the bank. Does anyone have a recommendation? I am flexible on size.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:35:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat as you, although mine will be an exterior door since my man-cave/armory is an outside cinder-blocked room. I've been considering this but I don't know how good of a choice it is.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I had looked at sturdy, but honestly for what I need, a steel door will be sufficient. Not trying to replace my safe, just make access harder.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat as you, although mine will be an exterior door since my man-cave/armory is an outside cinder-blocked room. I've been considering this but I don't know how good of a choice it is.
View Quote
I was looking at Grainger, they have some steel doors that are 16 gauge (the heaviest I can find) for reasonable $. No paneled doors though (which is fine by me)...
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Contact a local commercial door dealer.  There are many types of specialty doors that can be ordered including doors made for jails/prisons, and hurricane resistant doors commonly found in Florida.   I believe Stanley makes doors up to 12 gauge on both sides with a very robust reinforcement in between.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contact a local commercial door dealer.  There are many types of specialty doors that can be ordered including doors made for jails/prisons, and hurricane resistant doors commonly found in Florida.   I believe Stanley makes doors up to 12 gauge on both sides with a very robust reinforcement in between.
View Quote
Thank you! I will reach out tomorrow and see what's possible locally. In the mean time, I have requested a quote for this: http://www.trudoor.com/commercial-hollow-metal-doors/maximum-duty-metal-door
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top