Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2017 1:22:17 PM EDT
Have a quote for a system to be installed and I can't really find much info on the quality of the camera image(at night escpecially).

The cameras in my invoice are LTS CMIP8222WB.  Just from looking they appear to be a pretty generic bullet style camera and are probably rebranded, but I have no clue where to go from here.  I just don't want to spend the money and then not be happy with the system after the fact.

The DVR is LTN8708-P8 and looks to be a decent choice as far as I've read.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#1]
LTS stuff is rebranded Hikvision.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, had a another quote come in that was a little better.  Less money and 1 more camera and hdmi ran from the DVR upstairs to my living room TV downstairs for viewing the cameras.

Haven't found much info about the cameras but atleast the wiring will be inplace if i want to swap them out with better later.
Cameras being installed
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, had a another quote come in that was a little better.  Less money and 1 more camera and hdmi ran from the DVR upstairs to my living room TV downstairs for viewing the cameras.

Haven't found much info about the cameras but atleast the wiring will be inplace if i want to swap them out with better later.
Cameras being installed
View Quote
If that is the camera that they're installing I would choose a different system. The resolution is extremely low. If I'm reading it right. I'm not an expert

Also the wiring for that camera is analog.  You want cat5/cat6 Poe.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok I thought 700tvl was equivalent to 1080p.  Not sure where I got that stuck in my head.

Guess I go back to the original proposal and pay a bit more.  Rather pay now rather than pay to fix it later.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#5]
That camera system is not worth it. That is extremely low res and will not have good quality at night at all. I used to have a 960H system. Daytime will be okay but people about 30 feet away will not have very good definition. If price is an issue, grab an analog 1080p system. While PoE would be ideal, it is generally much more expensive. If price is the main concern, I would get a 1080p analog system at minimum. At least an 8 channel DVR and if needs be, start with 4 cameras and then add more when able.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
My original estimate was for 2mp ip cameras.  I will be going back to those.  I thank you guys for saving me some buyers remorse.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My original estimate was for 2mp ip cameras.  I will be going back to those.  I thank you guys for saving me some buyers remorse.
View Quote
It sounds like you need it installed by a professional. Any reason you don't want to do it yourself. I installed my first one myself and is actually pretty easy. If you're able to do it. It's as easy as just plugging in one wire each camera. There is some good 4MP camera systems at reasonable pricing.  The Reolink 8ch 4 camera 4mp system was just on sale for $439 shipped.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:30:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't feel like fighting cables through stucco nor climbing around my attic when it's 110+ outside.  My wallet and my motivation battled it out and the wallet won.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top