Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2017 9:54:38 PM EDT
I am looking for some quick access options that don't suck to secure a pistol or two. I already have several big safes, but I would like something small that could go on a nightstand or similar. Main purpose is to keep a ccw secure from a toddler not a burglar. 
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the mechanical push button locks for speed, durability and reliability for years to come, maybe a lifetime. There are several brands and most that have this lock are heavier steel construction than their electronic counterparts.

Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#2]
My opinion - don't cheap out on a bargain pistol box that can be opened by banging it or using a paperclip.  Get a high quality box with a Simplex lock.  

I have two - A Fort Knox (below) and an older V-Line.  Both are rock solid, but if I was to buy a third, it would be another Ft. Knox.  I've also heard good things about Amsec, but I don't have any experience with them.

My V-Line is the classic flat style design with a hinged top, but I tend to prefer my Fort Knox, which has a spring-loaded door that swings open when the box is laid flat:

...or provides an open assist when the box is vertical, which is how I keep it:

It can easily accommodate two large frame pistols when it is vertical.  Might be tougher to manage two pistols in it if it was laid flat.  If that's how you would want to set it up, I would recommend this instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top