Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 12:19:34 PM EDT
Any thoughts on what is causing this pixelation/noise/whatever at the top of my outdoor cameras?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure its not the app you are using? Do you see the noise if you log into the camera directly and view the stream?  If it was just 1 camera I would say it was defective, but all 4 camera's its most likely something else.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
does not appear on the camera web login.  Appears in blue iris recordings and camera viewer.

If I restart a camera, it will be fine for about 30 seconds, then the issue returns.

ETA:  Turns out it was a mixture of both the camera, and the software.  APPARENTLY turning on H.264+ in the hikvision online settings does that bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I think H.264+ should only be used with Hikvision s/w and/or NVRs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think H.264+ should only be used with Hikvision s/w and/or NVRs.
View Quote
could very well be, as the video was gloriously fucked up with that setting on.  it was like a half assed two stream video.

the background looked fine, but anything that moved was transparent.  like, a person walking by looked like a fucking ghost.  I could see the sidewalk clear as day, but the person walking I could just barely see their outline, and still see the sidewalk through them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top