Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2017 6:22:12 PM EDT
Some of you long-time readers may remember the steal I got on the ISM TL-30 safe about 4 years ago. Apparently, while loading that one up I made the comment that if they ever have any others let me know. I was shocked that they kept my information for 4+ years. They let me know a couple weeks ago and I finally got the details worked out and picked it up yesterday... this one was a bit further drive (4 hrs) but you can't beat a TL-15 safe at just over scrap price.

It's a E N O - OHLID made in Yugoslavia, 62" tall, 36" wide, and 31" deep. Not sure if it's a good one or not. I totally underestimated the size/weight of it. My initial thought was that we could use a winch to winch the pallet-jack onto the trailer (2nd winch to keep it from tipping) but I'm glad we chose to take the forklift even though it meant driving loaded both ways (ended up about 9 hrs on the road). Calcs on just the plate steel (not the door-frame, bolt-work etc) is 2800 lbs.

The best part was they threw in a small Meilink UL Firesafe (media safe?) for free. It's quite old, but it seems like a good safe, has a glass relocker and the UL fire rating tags on it, definitely built heavy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
pictures?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You own a forklift?
View Quote
Haha, my dad is a jack of all trades, among the farm, trucking, & drainage company he has multiple forklifts & various other heavy-movers... I think that's the reason she called us for the 2nd safe. The first safe (TL-30, weighing around 2800lbs) took 50 minutes from the time we pulled in the lot to the time we pulled out. That includes jacking it up to get blocks under it, and loading/unloading the forklift. This one was a bit longer because we had to remove a door from the hinges and we ended up buying some heavy-duty shelves that required disassembly in addition to the 2 safes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
One job OP, one frickin job. 
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Tagged for pics
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One job OP, one frickin job. 
View Quote
The safe isn't actually at my place yet so I can't take any pics, but I do have some pics that they sent me to see if i was interested. I'm not very good at the picture thing, can I email them to you (or another member) for posting?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any updates?
View Quote
No, I'm having internet troubles at home and can't seem to get pictures to photobucket etc from my phone. I'll happily email photos to anybody that PMs me their email addy. If one of those folks can post them that would be great...

As far as where I'm going to put this thing I don't know yet. I have a 37 X 60 space on a slab that would be an acceptable location but I think door-swing is going to be an issue. I plan to make a cardboard mockup and test "door swing" to see what it looks like in that space.

Visually it looks identical to this one (right down to the "A & B Safe Company, Chicago, IL" sticker on the door), except mine is much larger.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Photobucket no longer allows linking unless you pay them a ransom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top