Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2017 3:44:45 AM EDT
You don't/won't see too many of these, so I figured I would post it for those who wanted to see how much like a regular safe one of these guys looks.  There were only a few of these made (I was told 2 to be exact), and in today's dollars cost the original owner a hair over $60,000.  Despite it being "the same size" as other high security safes, this one weighs in at just over 8,500 pounds.

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that is cool. How thick are the body and door walls?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Can an average basement slab 4" concrete handle the weight of that?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
 Can an average basement slab 4" concrete handle the weight of that?  
View Quote
Depends on who did your floor.  We run some pretty heavy safes into commercial buildings with 4 inch floors.  I also have a warehouse with 4 inch floors.  The difference on the commercial side is that everything is properly compacted, leveled, and poured.  Most residential floors do not have the same care taken, and would be much more prone to damage.  It should be able to handle it, but without knowing what was beneath, you're going to run the risk of some cracking and shifting.

Good news is that it will only sink so much before it stops.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Man I would love to have that safe Frank! Any plans to come down to San Antonio (with your trailer, of course)?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Bring it to Colorado!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top