Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2017 11:02:46 PM EDT
The stuff from Acti says this camera is ONVIF compliant but my ONVIF NVR can't/won't connect to it.  It sees the device present at the IP but won't pull video.  The "diagnose" feature on my NVR says the camera is not ONVIF supported.  I've done a factory reset and updated all firmware & looked through all the settings for anything relevant without luck.  I can access the camera manually via IP address.

FWIW, the same NVR will automatically detect other ONVIF cameras and sync up with no problem.

Ideas?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried a manual add with static IP address?

Gateway and other server address settings all correct?

Login and passcode are correct?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Manual add - yes
Static ip - yes
Gateway - correct
Login and passcode are correct.  Created a new user & PW and still nothing.
NVR sees the device on the IP just won't connect to it.  Keeps giving me an ONVIF non-comparable message even though everything online says it is ONVIF compliant.  
I punch the IP into a browser and it pulls up the camera.  Enter credentials and I can manipulate the camera via the browser.

Took the firmware all the way to the very first version and updated sequentially until it has the latest firmware.

I'm stumped.  Looks like you can't get technical advice from acti without a membership.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Manual add - yes
Static ip - yes
Gateway - correct
NVR sees the device on the IP just won't connect to it.  Keeps giving me an ONVIF non-comparable message even though everything online says it is ONVIF compliant.  
I punch the IP into a browser and it pulls up the camera.  Enter credentials and I can manipulate the camera via the browser.

Took the firmware all the way to the very first version and updated sequentially until it has the latest firmware.

I'm stumped.  Looks like you can't get technical advice from acti without a membership.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Manual add - yes
Static ip - yes
Gateway - correct

Register and get an account with ACTi.

Product support is free but handled through their online help desk.

I've needed help on several occassions and they have always been very accomidating.

Eta: your ONVIF profile is turned on correct?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Register and get an account with ACTi.

Product support is free but handled through their online help desk.

I've needed help on several occassions and they have always been very accomidating.

Eta: your ONVIF profile is turned on correct?
View Quote
When I manually added the camera I also set it to ONVIF instead of auto-detect.  Google says there may be a hard to find ONVIF port that is acti specific so I'll look into that.

For some reason I thought you had to have a subscription to use Acti's tech support.  Thanks for the info, I've created an account and opened a ticket.  It's a secondhand camera that an ARFCOM'r gave to me because the housing was broke.  Got it fixed and it's working as it should…now just need to get it to talk to my NVR.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#5]
There are quite a few ONVIF profiles out there and the camera you have is kinda old (EOL'd in 2015) and MPEG-4 / MJPEG  not the more modern h.264 codec.  It is quite possible that you are not compatible with older ONVIF standards and/or  only compatible with h.264

What NVR do you have?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I talked to Acti and they gave me the command lines to send.  I got the camera to switch on the ONVIF setting and confirm, however, the NVR still says it is incompatible protocol.  I think I'm going to give up on this one; I'll find somewhere else to use the Acti since I can still access it via IP and some 3rd party PC programs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top