Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2017 9:43:58 PM EDT
Tell me about this please
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
With all that detail, what more could you need?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I just started to look at it. It looks to be a little pricey but if your place is not wired for an alarm
system or if you rent then the price looks better. I am thinking of getting one to back up my hard wired system. I like the internet connection with a cell backup and you have full control of how you want it to work. It will be my first dip into home automation.
I can start with the basic kit and over time add to it. My concerns are battery operated end devices, how long before the support ends
if they come out with a new model. By the time I decide most probably a new model will come out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just started to look at it. It looks to be a little pricey but if your place is not wired for an alarm
system or if you rent then the price looks better. I am thinking of getting one to back up my hard wired system. I like the internet connection with a cell backup and you have full control of how you want it to work. It will be my first dip into home automation.
I can start with the basic kit and over time add to it. My concerns are battery operated end devices, how long before the support ends
if they come out with a new model. By the time I decide most probably a new model will come out.
View Quote
I went ahead and ordered so we'll see. 
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep me informed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Updates?

I need something that can wake me up if there is an intrusion while sleeping.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]
The system is very easy to set up. We have 3 door sensors, glass break, water sensor, motion sensor with still camera and a keypad. The only thing that came with the base system was 2 door sensors and the motion / camera thing. We added the rest.

The user interface is easy enough and works best via phone app. So far no issues; seems well made and no false alarms or failure to alarm. The sound from the alarm module itself seems like it could be louder, but additional alarm sound whatchamacallits can be purchased to go in other areas of the home.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh and I totally forgot about this thread.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top