Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 10:24:05 AM EDT
I apologize for having multiple threads these last few weeks, but a purchase of this size is prompting a lot of reading.

TheSafeGuy has made me rethink a lot about the security of thicker steel (I was already sold on the fire protection of Amsec) and I'm thinking of stretching my budget even further and picking up an Amsec. My concern now is primarily space and growing room.

How many long arms are you folks able to store in your BF6636? I see it's listed at 36, but that's obviously for a bunch of single shot shotguns. Looking to secure about twenty long arms (four precision rifles, some ARs, milsurp, etc.) and various pistols. Would the 6636 be 'barely holding' that much?

I'd like to future proof my purchase a bit to allow for a few more down the road. It's almost 6k for the next size up in Amsec safes, and I can't swing that much. If I can't store what I need to in an Amsec, I'll just have to default back to a Liberty Fatboy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a fan of the 6636 unless that is the absolute largest safe you can fit in your given space.  Although it is many cubic inches larger than the 6030, the realized storage space isn't enough to justify the cost difference.  6" of extra height and 6" of extra width.  I liked the 6040 better when it existed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a larger space just not a larger budget haha. It's going in the garage (unfortunately). The next option is either one of the larger Sturdy models, the fire protection for which doesn't make me feel awesome, or just hit the easy button and get a Fatboy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top