Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2017 12:32:55 PM EDT
I need a gun safe and have a budget of about $1500.  Gander Mountain is running a sale on the Fatboy line for $1517.  Anyone found a better price for these?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a great price for the full sized Fatboy.  About $400 under the current sale price though Liberty.  I don't believe you will beat that easily as long as delivery is reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#2]
That's the price after the 15 off, right?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You live in California, what do you need a Fatboy for?

j/k.....kinda.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I need a gun safe and have a budget of about $1500.  Gander Mountain is running a sale on the Fatboy line for $1517.  Anyone found a better price for these?
View Quote

Is that from the store or online?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my liberty fat boy 64 from there. I stacked the rebate on in store sale price.

Got them with the "how the hell do I submit a rebate that expires in 4 weeks, when it'll take 6-8 weeks to get it here with a serial number. So you mean the $200 off does me no good because it's not in stock and I can't take advantage of this...."

They adjusted the in store price and called it good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:31:06 AM EDT
[#6]
It's the online price. Not sure if it's in store as well. We don't have Gander Mnts in California

300 delivery fee seems a little high but still a damn good price
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:52:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's the online price. Not sure if it's in store as well. We don't have Gander Mnts in California

300 delivery fee seems a little high but still a damn good price
View Quote
Link?  The best price I saw was $1700.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't get me started on this state.  Drives me crazy!  I'd leave in a heartbeat but unfortunately no one in the country can touch my retirement.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The safe is on sale for 1700 but they are offering 15% off right now when you sign up.  With the code it brings it down to 1517
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I got a liberty from gander and I love it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Heres the dilema.  Wait 6 - 8 weeks for delivery or pay an extra $200 and get it in a week
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:17:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Heres the dilema.  Wait 6 - 8 weeks for delivery or pay an extra $200 and get it in a week
View Quote
Wait. You're not ready to it anyways. Order it and then spend that $200 getting ready for it. LED light kit from amazon, humidity control, hardware to mount it to the floor, etc.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wait. You're not ready to it anyways. Order it and then spend that $200 getting ready for it. LED light kit from amazon, humidity control, hardware to mount it to the floor, etc.
View Quote
Gander gave me another 5% off last night. Ordering it first thing this morning

Anyone know if the shipping times are accurate?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well shit.
I just ordered a Franklin 50. Wish I'd known about that extra 5% two hours ago.
Oh well.

I don't know how accurate the shipping times are, but their customer service department told me that the freight company contacts you ahead of time to confirm address and delivery time/date, which is what I was mostly concerned about.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
What is the extra 5 for? All I can find is the 15 off.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What is the extra 5 for? All I can find is the 15 off.
View Quote
I had the safe in my cart and let it expire so they gave me 20% off to purchase it.  Ordered mine yesterday.  The count down begins!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I just got an email that they cancelled mine.

"Hello,

First, let us thank you for shopping with Gander Mountain.

Your Liberty order coming directly from our vendor has been cancelled. We would like to extend our apologies for not being able to fulfill your order at this time. We do not charge until your order ships, so you were not charged for this item. You may see an authorization on your account; however, that authorization should drop off within a few days depending on your banking institution. If you used a gift card on the order, a refund checked will be issued for the balance of the cancelled item(s).  It will ship through the postal service and will arrive in 7-10 business days.

Please feel free to contact our customer service department at 1-888-542-6337 with any further questions or concerns. Again, thank you for choosing Gander Mountain and have a great day!

Best,"
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#18]
OP, I wanted to share this with you.  Not to get you down but you should probably prepare yourself.  I've had a Liberty Fatboy on order through Gander since 4/13.  Got an email today telling me they will not be able to fulfill it, are cancelling the order and I should be happy because they don't charge me until it ships.  

I sent them a colorful response and thanked them for wasting a month of my time.  Anyone know of any smoking deals on a Fatboy right now?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just got an email that they cancelled mine.

"Hello,

First, let us thank you for shopping with Gander Mountain.

Your Liberty order coming directly from our vendor has been cancelled. We would like to extend our apologies for not being able to fulfill your order at this time. We do not charge until your order ships, so you were not charged for this item. You may see an authorization on your account; however, that authorization should drop off within a few days depending on your banking institution. If you used a gift card on the order, a refund checked will be issued for the balance of the cancelled item(s).  It will ship through the postal service and will arrive in 7-10 business days.

Please feel free to contact our customer service department at 1-888-542-6337 with any further questions or concerns. Again, thank you for choosing Gander Mountain and have a great day!

Best,"
View Quote
LOL, beat me!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah. Can't say I'm totally surprised, but I am disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I have been trying to warn local customers who have asked.

For anybody reading this who doesn't know yet, Gander Mountain filed for bankruptcy a few weeks ago, and is closing all of their stores.  Although you may be able to get a deal on something physically at their store, I would not count on, nor pay for, anything that needs to be ordered.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Ordered mine the weekend of Feb. 11, and it took 12 weeks to get to the store.  Just got it delivered to the house today. I ordered it, and then the following week is when all the store closing news came out. Thought about canceling the order, but rolled the dice that it wouldn't get caught up in the bankruptcy stuff.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah my order was cancelled as well. I tried to get a hold of Liberty several times but their customer service was less than helpful. Every time I was told there was one woman who was in charge of the customer service and that she would call me back that day. Never heard from her.  I lost a lot of respect for Liberty.

There's a Liberty store in Sacramento that would do 2056 OTD to my house.  

As much as I wanted this safe I decided to go with a Canon from the local Tractor Supply and use the rest is the money to take my son and dad on a guided hunt. TS is running a sale on their 80 gun right now so I just have to figure out delivery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top