Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 8:44:30 AM EDT
Has anyone recently ordered a safe from Liberty?  I'm curious how long it took to be processed. This past weekend was 10 weeks since my order of a Fatboy Jr was placed at a Gander Mtn store. The store said 4-5 weeks, I assumed 6-8. I sent Liberty an email asking about processing times but never received a response.

The order was placed the week prior to all the GM bankruptcy stuff that came out, hopefully that's not affecting it. The store where I ordered it isn't one of them closing.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you used Liberty's dealer finder to locate anybody else in your area that sells them?

Around here, all of the orders on their website are processed (at a higher price) through the local retailer.  I have no evidence, but I suspect the GM bankruptcy may very well have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
it shouldn't have anything to do with gander mountain once you order it. mine was ordered oct 1 via gander mountain's site. at that point it was sent to liberty, who built the safe and arranged delivery from their local shipper, which happened on nov 11th
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I didn't think it should have anything to do with what's going on either, but you never know. It's supposed to be delivered to the store, and a local carrier will deliver it to the house. I'm supposed to get notified by GM when it arrives there. I did call them, just to make sure it didn't arrive and the notification fell thru the cracks. Guess I just need to be patient.

I will say I thought I would at least get a response from Liberty.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
and a local carrier will deliver it to the house
View Quote
Be very careful about this.  This is one of those areas where nobody does their due diligence.   You may not want some of these people in your home.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
i never heard anything from liberty directly. it was weird actually. gander took the order and i tracked it via the order status on their site. they updated the status twice, once to tell me it was built and the other to tell me it shipped. i think they sent an email then. then a couple of days later i got a call from the delivery company to set a date. they said they were in my area 2 of 5 days so i scheduled myself to be off when they came. day of delivery two very nice but rather small mexicans then proceeded to spend an hour or so wrestling and moving a 1000+lb safe into position. i had to help them a few times when i didn't think they were able to handle it (they were both REALLY small, like 5'5, 120lbs) and they might lose control and damage it. in all though, it was very smooth and it arrived and was installed in perfect condition with zero damage. quite satisfied overall with both gander mountain and liberty. i'd do it again without hesitation
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#6]
wo very nice but rather small mexicans then proceeded to spend an hour or so wrestling and moving a 1000+lb safe into position. i had to help them a few times when i didn't think they were able to handle it    
View Quote
And this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say people should do their due diligence.  Two guys that you describe as Mexican (were they US citizens?), that weren't capable of doing the work (you had to help), were in your home (now they know you have a safe and where it is).

Know anything about their background?  Were they insured?

I'm surprised so many people let outfits like this into their home.  Just out of curiosity, was this set up through Gander Mountain or Liberty themselves?  Did they have Nick in their name?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top