Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2017 8:17:22 PM EDT
Just bought 32 foot travel trailer and am in need of a backup camera for it.   I would like to use 3 cameras. One on the back looking straight back and one on each side about halfway down the trailer looking back.

I need as close to realtime video that I can get

I found a way to do one camera very easy. The transmitter broadcasts its own wifi network and you can connect to it with an iPad and use that as a screen.

Camera

Transmitter

The issue is that I can't find a way to make 3 of them display on one screen. ( please let me know if there is)

So the easiest option that I can come up with is a camera dvr\hub hooked up to a wifi network in the trailer. Then hook the iPad up to the network and use that to view the cameras.

My question is does anyone have a better idea or any recommendations on affordable components.

I like the cameras I linked due to their size. ( windload and vibration are a large concern). I have started looking into a 4 camera system. 720p would be nice. I would also like to keep everything 12v input volatage. I could use running lights to power everything. If 12v isn't an option I would have to install an inverter
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
On the cameras, they make and I have bought similar small cameras that are meant for side of vehicle/to rear viewing. Made for RV''s and buses. I bought mine on an auction site. Comes in a compact housing for just camera looking down the vehicle.

Check out these more expensive solutions that have monitors for multi view: http://hanscomk.com/products/monitors
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure what your budget is, but I found this https://www.tadibrothers.com/category/backup-camera-systems-with-3-5-rear-view-cameras after a quick search.  I have no experience with this company or products, but it looks like exactly what you are looking for.

If anything, maybe it will provide some additional inspiration for a different approach to solving your problem.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top