Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2017 12:22:57 AM EDT
I should be receiving a Superior Master 50 safe tomorrow, and would like to build gun rack that can pull out.  I looked at a Reed safe and kind of like their pull out rack.  

The biggest problem I am having, is figuring out what I want to use to hold the barrel or hand guards of my guns.  I will have a few normal length AR's, but will also have a AR pistol and in the future two SBR"s.  So with a normal rack the SBR's will be to short, so would be nice to have something that adjusts height.

I was thinking about using the Secureit kit and then mounting a cradle grid on each side of the shelf.

Does anyone have any other companies that make similar stuff or opinions on this.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#1]
So do you want the pull out system, or do you want the cradle system? Or do you want a pull out system that uses the cradle system?

I don't see how the cradle system would save you much, if any room, over just the standard set up in the safe.
If you're a bit handy, I would say that pullout system wouldn't be hard to build at all. A small platform for the drawer slides, some nice plywood or solid board, and a little time with the skilsaw/router. The hardest part would be the drawer slides, but that isn't too bad, you'd also have to make sure to get a nice heavy duty set.

ETA: I missed the part about the SBRs/Pistol. It looks like the shelves have built in standards, so it wouldn't be hard at all just to add a another loop, or even just a single sided loop for the shorter rifles. They might also fit with the stock extended all the way, that's what I have to do with mine.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the other company that I am familiar with. No experience with either.

http://www.gallowtech.com/package-101.aspx
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Unkonwhavoc- I was thinking of a pull out system with a cradle system or something like it.  I am open and I guess that's why I posted to get some input or opinions.  I know I may not really get more guns in there, it's more about having them sit in there more organized and easier to get out.   I am not really a huge fan of rack systems that come in gun safes.

My dad is pretty good at building stuff so I am sure we can figure out something, just mainly want to figure out how to mount the guns.  

FAS1: Thanks, similar to the one I posted.  I wonder what one works better or if there is others.

I still have to look at all of the dimensions more, but thinking possibly 3 or 4 guns on each side and then maybe 2 or 3 guns on the front of the rack.  Again it will depend on what style racking I would use and how things fit the best.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#5]
You have one hell of a garage!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks xeeoneyx

So I finally got some time and went to Sportsmanguide and picked up a 2 gun Secureit rack to see how I liked it. It didn't really work the way I wanted it to. Most stuff fit in it well, but a thicker quad rail didn't fit right.  I think the other brand that was listed above might work better, but wish I could pick up locally to try it first.

I wish I could find something where a barrel or rail would actually click into place so it wouldn't have movement, specially since this will be on a pull out rack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top