Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 7:22:09 PM EDT
I have a stackon safe with an electronic keypad (it was a gift) is there any way to upgrade to a better keypad?  Sometimes it will lose my settings like the beep will just show back up randomly until I turn it back off, or the buttons will sometimes not work.  My dad has the same one and his has been eating batteries. So are we stuck with the factory ones or can they be changed out?  Thanks, KC
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You're probably stuck.  Stack on tends to use proprietary locks (not always, some are UL listed), and they change those out periodically to make their old units obsolete.  I believe the theory is to get you to toss your existing safe and purchase a new one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a Stackon but when I got my safe I didn't even give it a week before I swapped out my electronic key pad to a SG mechanical combo lock.  Bought it on Amazon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're probably stuck.  Stack on tends to use proprietary locks (not always, some are UL listed), and they change those out periodically to make their old units obsolete.  I believe the theory is to get you to toss your existing safe and purchase a new one.
View Quote
Is there any way to know for sure?  Its just a cheaper safe but works perfectly as a secondary in the bedroom.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have a Stackon but when I got my safe I didn't even give it a week before I swapped out my electronic key pad to a SG mechanical combo lock.  Bought it on Amazon.
View Quote
This is an option but i like the electronic as a quick entry for the bump in the night... assuming it works when i need it to
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:20:42 AM EDT
[#5]
 Is there any way to know for sure? Its just a cheaper safe but works perfectly as a secondary in the bedroom.  
View Quote
Either look to see if there's a name or logo on the keypad, or post a photo of the keypad and I can tell you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top