Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2017 1:38:40 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

After doing some reading on the forum, I'm looking at getting some cameras and a NVR from Nellys:

NSC-204-BT Outdoor HD 4MP IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm or

NSC-214-DM 4MP WDR Fixed Dome IP Security Camera 2.8mm or

NSC-2X4-DM 4MP WDR EXIR Turret IP Security Camera 2.8mm

AND

NSN-608-8P 8 Channel POE Plug N Play Hi Def NVR Recorder with 1*4tb HDD to get started

Now, here's where i need some help:

I'm planning on installing 4 cameras to get started (1 in the garage, 1 under the porch by the front door, 1 by the garage looking at the driveway and 1 side yard, looking at the gate/driveway). I don't have any preferences between turret, bullet or dome. Which ones would you recommend out of these 3?

Thank you

Blarf
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Great choice on vendor and camera system. Support from Nellys is good.

On dome vs. bullet, how far do you want to see? How is lighting at night? Want overall picture or longer more narrow? The cameras with WDR will be better image quality. With 4 MP you can get better details than cheaper cameras.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Preference is for dome cameras. More vandalnresodtant and harder to see which way the camera is pointed. There should be dome cameras with various lens lengths to fit your needs.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, Did you end up ordering those cameras? Was wondering what you thought. I've been looking at those models as well. 
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Preference is for dome cameras. More vandalnresodtant and harder to see which way the camera is pointed. There should be dome cameras with various lens lengths to fit your needs.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
for general use I would go 2.8mm lens unless you have a narrow area to cover and need to see further. 2.8mm is a little over 90 degree FOV IIRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top