Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 3:15:40 AM EDT
Seller says it's an Amsec. TL-30, 2 hour rated at 1850 degrees. 42" H x 30" W x 25" D. What are the black circles all over the place? What's the thing on the top left corner of the door? Model? Weight? Original cost?

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:07:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Upper left question example 

Safe contact
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
If this is a weght guessing game, I'm going 8787 pounds....

Serious safe. No room for long guns with that security box in the top. Not bolted to the floor is not good, probably could roll that out with a fork jack.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If this is a weght guessing game, I'm going 8787 pounds....

Serious safe. No room for long guns with that security box in the top. Not bolted to the floor is not good, probably could roll that out with a fork jack.
View Quote

Could the security box be removed without destroying anything? That safe wouldn't be useful to me if it can't hold 30" long guns.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Black circles on the inside = holes for the door boltwork to lock into.

Black circles on the hinges = rubber bumpers to mash between the hinges and body when the door is swung wide open.

Upper left of door = Alarm system magnetic switch (On frame) and magnet (On door).

It looks like the inner part of the interior would be bolted in (I don't see any welds in the image as far as I can zoom - Sometimes they make them with many interior options, so that would make sense).

ETA:  For the Make, it looks like an Amsec keypad on it - Not sure of the model...
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#5]
For a guess on weight I'm going to say 1800-2000ish.  I just picked up a smaller TL30 and with nothing inside it fits my 24" barrel bolt rifle as well as ARs easily.  My shotguns don't fit but I only paid $90 for the safe.

The dots might be velcro circles for some stupid reason for holding it open and closed but unlocked....

If its cheap get it.  If you need to move it yourself make sure you look for some Rolalifts to make it easy to pick up and move.  I was lent a set when I got my safe from the warehouse that was selling the safe and it made life super easy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent safe, change the interior & load in your guns, then sleep easy knowing your stuff is well protected.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#7]
That looks like an identical baby brother to my safe. Mine is an AmSec, but rebadged as something else, I forgot off-hand, but it is AmSec, since only a limited number of companies make TL safes.

If I was forced to guess, I would say its 1800-2000 lbs. The one thing that is different than mine, the dial/keypad on mine is located above the handle, not all the way to the right.

Mine has a glass relocker over the sensitive bits. My bumpers are nowhere near that big, so I can't say what it is, and as already answered, the top left is a contact switch meant to be hooked to an alarm. My safe box in the top is welded in, it's 1/4" steel, so not easy to remove. I would guess yours is also welded in.

If you can get it cheap, go for it. Awesome safe, even if you just put some of you're higher end handguns/valuables in it, it's worth it. It's a huge peace of mind knowing when you leave for the day, everything in there will be there when you get back.

ETA: If you are looking dimension size, don't forget to add the hinges in there, mines are 3.5" added to depth, those look the same.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a standard AMSEC CF3524 Composite TL-30.

The offset lock is peculiar. I am assuming that the safe had dual locks, and someone plugged the primary lock hole. It's quite possible they used the auxiliary lock hole to run the cable to the ESL10XL lock, which may be mounted in the primary lock location.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, so are you getting it?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, so are you getting it?
View Quote

This thread definitely helped me. But I decided against it for now. The safe was a good price, but not a great price when you factor how much it would cost to move. And I would have to pay to move it twice.

Thanks for the help, guys.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]
It looks like the old version in parchment of This safe here .

Really incredible quality product, I would highly recommend. The black bumpers should be to protect the hinges from hitting a wall or getting marred, nothing more, nothing less.

The mechanism at the top left corner likely has to do with auditing who enters the safe and at what time. If they have to put a special code into the unit, it definitely is for audit purposes.

The ESL-10 (could be ESL-20) is specifically designed to be used with audit trails,

Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top