Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2016 11:15:04 AM EDT
Yes I am sure this has been killed to death but with the search coming up little I figured I would ask here

How is the quality compared to the actual liberty equivalent? If they are the same how can cabelas sell them for 500 less than liberty?
Looking at the fatboy jr and cabelas outfitter 30
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I have read here, they are pretty much the same quality. I'm really thinking of ordering one also, but not sure I want to wait 6-8 weeks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks that's what I was needing as my current cheep-O stack on was ruined in flooding this year I need something to replace it and since insurance isn't covering a thing between repairing basement and a newborn I can't afford a giant top of the line piece and I feel that these may be what would work to get everything secure again
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes I am sure this has been killed to death but with the search coming up little I figured I would ask here

How is the quality compared to the actual liberty equivalent? If they are the same how can cabelas sell them for 500 less than liberty?
Looking at the fatboy jr and cabelas outfitter 30
View Quote

If you compare weights to the Liberty vs the Cabela's that there will tell if they have skimped on the sheetrock.
As far as I can see they have not as the advertised weights are the same as well as the bolt count.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks I hope they have another sale for Christmas or liberty does I wish I would have had the extra income right now
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:55:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the signature series and its the same specs as the liberty franklin, but with a cabelas exclusive size (wider i think).  Ive been really happy with mine.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Well after all the searching for the most safe for the best deal I went with a champion medalist 45 with la guard lock
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm late to game but can give an answer for anyone else wondering.  My buddy was looking around at safes on black Friday & noticed the Cabelas Liberty Safes.  He called Liberty & asked the difference & they told him they are the same, Cabelas just put their name on them.  He ordered one & saved almost $900 with the BF sale price.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I emailed them and they responded with

"The safes are the same in their respective models.  They only get a different logo when they go down the line.  Cabela's is a bigger store and can afford to drop their sale price on the safes to attract customers into their store.    Buying the safe from a local dealer however will provide a more personal buying experience and usually more info in the salesperson.  Private dealers also will sometimes deliver and install your safe"

I was going to buy one from cabelas but ended up going to scheels and bought a giant champion safe for the same money as the cabelas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top