Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2016 10:56:29 AM EDT
Bought a Winchester 26 gun safe Friday.

Has an S&G elock, not sure which model # it is. Lock comes with a 2 yr factory warranty and winchester offers a 10 yr extension for $75. Seems like a great deal.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had to use the extended warranty through winchester and your experience.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#1]
No help here. I've had mine for four years, with no issues yet.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No help here. I've had mine for four years, with no issues yet.
View Quote

Well thats encouraging, looks like yourself and I are the only two Winchester owners.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
In the bigger picture of things an outlay of $75 is not that much of a deal if the unfortunate event came about that the lock cratered.
A safe & vault guy coming out would be many more times expensive considering the time in the future as well as inflation.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In the bigger picture of things an outlay of $75 is not that much of a deal if the unfortunate event came about that the lock cratered.
A safe & vault guy coming out would be many more times expensive considering the time in the future as well as inflation.
View Quote

I would agree.

Was hoping someone who has had to actually use the warranty would chime in.

I guess I can take 2 possible outcomes from the lack of replies.

1. Winchester safes are total garbage and me and the owner above are of the few to buy one.

2. Hopefully this is the case......the locks have proven to be fairly reliable with little malfunctions.

Oh well, time will tell.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]
does the warranty cover for a smith to open when it fails?  if not the lock is only say $100.  I am not much into extended warranties.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
does the warranty cover for a smith to open when it fails?  if not the lock is only say $100.  I am not much into extended warranties.
View Quote

Remember this though.
You still have to open the door to get access to the lock.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Extended the warranty today.

C/S said it would cover lock and any smith work required to gain access to the lock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top