Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2016 1:30:53 PM EDT
Looking into these model for around 1150 delivered:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/cannon-ts5940-60-safe?cm_vc=IOPDP1

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/cannon-ts5950-75-safe-1129486

Are they worth a flip?  I'm not looking for a $5,000 safe because I will likely be moving in the next few years and the budget is right at $1500 to my house.  I have insurance on my guns, but looking for something a little added protection.  I realize that most of these can be cut into with a little time but with insurance and an alarm system I'm just looking for another little buffer of security.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone??
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I would look and find something used on Craigslist.  If your patient you find some reall deals depending where you are at.  Canons you are most likely going to get a questionable e lock and thin metal box.  The ones they have at Costco seems to be not much thicker than a can of Campbell's soup
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I've seen, they are lower end safes with thin steel.  Notice
the top linked safe doesn't say anything about a UL security
certification?  Probably because it doesn't have one.  14ga steel is
what cheap handgun safes are made out of.  Personally, I have an issue
with spending hard earned money on a safe UL has never certified.  I'm
also guessing that safe was made in China.  Up to you if that's
important or not, but the fact is Chinese safes are almost always
cheaper built than their US counterparts.

For $1500 I can get a Liberty Fatboy Jr bought and delivered to my door, including tax.  That's a safe with a UL RSC certification that uses thicker 11ga steel and is built in the United States.  It's still not the end-all be-all safe, but it's a heck of a lot better than that Cannon in my opinion.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Gander mountain has some liberties on sale that are a notch up in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top