Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2016 10:15:29 PM EDT
I have  a Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E IR IP Camera connected to my Qnap TS-231 with a PoE switch.

The camera is showing an upside down image. I tried to manually change it but that did not work. Is there any way to change it with software?

This is my first night with the camera. The IR lights are not showing when I view the camera's image with Surveillance Station app from my NAS.

Also, I cannot log into the camera. It has a reset switch I have reset it but none of the reset passwords work. Not 888888. 666666, 8888 x ........., or even the stored password that I used when I first got the camera.
When I go to log into the camera, the prompt for the username and password will delete whatever I type in and leave only 1 character. If I use paste, it deletes two characters. I was able to get this to stop once but it is back again and I dont remember how to fix it.

What is up with this camera?
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have  a Dahue
View Quote
too much information to go on
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have  a Dahue

The OEM post timed out so I had to save the first part then type out the message.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
No IR

Upside down

Date is off too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure I would worry to much about intruders OP.

Scaling a rock wall to get up to your front door seems like an awfully good deterrent.

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
When you reset it, are you accessing it via 192.168.1.108 and does admin/admin work for username and password?

Rotating image and IR are settings in the options tabs
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When you reset it, are you accessing it via 192.168.1.108 and does admin/admin work for username and password?

Rotating image and IR are settings in the options tabs
View Quote

I did not reset it today but I tried admin/admin - bad username or password.

Once again, when I input admin, it auto deletes some of my text. I have to type adminnn in notepad then copy it to the username and password fields but I cant get in.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not sure I would worry to much about intruders OP.

Scaling a rock wall to get up to your front door seems like an awfully good deterrent.

View Quote

Dont believe everything you see on the internet lol.

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I am getting fed up.

I went outside barefoot to take the dome off to reset it. Waiting for 192.168.1.108 to connect.

ETA: 192 loaded but same shit. Deletes whatever you type in.

ETA: I resat it again. Still same shit. Now admin/admin is locked even though I unplugged the camera during reset. PoE camera!

ETA Night everyone. I have had it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#9]
3 thoughts:

#1:  Does the camera have a failed IR cut filter that is filtering out the IR lighting? The IR cut filter usually is ON when the camera is in color mode.  (I have seen it happen on sony PTZs...)

#2:  Factory reset the camera.  

#3:  Is the camera mismounted?  The image might not be able to be rotated with software.  Perhaps it can be rotated in a recording program....
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
3 thoughts:

#1:  Does the camera have a failed IR cut filter that is filtering out the IR lighting? The IR cut filter usually is ON when the camera is in color mode.  (I have seen it happen on sony PTZs...)

#2:  Factory reset the camera.  

#3:  Is the camera mismounted?  The image might not be able to be rotated with software.  Perhaps it can be rotated in a recording program....
View Quote

I figured it out.

I had to use smart pss to get to the camera. That program is made by the camera manufacturer. I was able to turn on the IR and fix the image.

I now notice that the camera is not recording. Why? Wrong username or pw. I tried the 3 accounts that I made earlier that I know work and none of them would let me in.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top