Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2016 8:55:36 PM EDT
After some recommendations from here, I finally got it installed.

I purchased all from Nelly's.

NVR H Series 16 channel with POE, with 4 TB hard drive.

Three of these ,H Series 5 MP Bullet camera.

Two of these,H Series 5 MP Dome.

I will eventually add 4 to 6 more cameras , a combination of bullets , domes , and maybe something like this H Series Mini Dome with built in microphone

I mounted the NVR on a wall in a lockable closet with a bracket I fashioned out of some 2" aluminum channel. It turned out pretty good I think.
</a>" />

And here is the bracket mounted to the wall,
</a>" />

And finally the finished installation of the NVR and wiring.
</a>" />

For now I am running the iVMS 4200 software I D/L from Nellys but have heard about Blue Iris but not sure if I really need it and really didn't want to have to purchase software for no reason.

I am pretty pleased with the cameras and quality of the image as well as the construction itself. The cameras are metal except for the little shield on the bullets which is plastic. However they are pretty well protected by the eaves on the house, so I'm Not too worried about it. It does appear they may have changed the design from looking at previous models that appeared to have the hood/shield built into the body of the camera.

Here is a capture from a bullet camera right at dusk. I have noticed with just a little light it works pretty good and stays in color.
" />

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Night time shot. Almost completely dark.

" />
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, hope that 20 years from now you can say 'what a waste of money, never needed it.'
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats, hope that 20 years from now you can say 'what a waste of money, never needed it.'
View Quote

I sure hope so too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Can someone explain why I am not getting the field of vision I expected to get from this camera? NSC 2.8mm dome.  From what I understand these are rebranded Hikvision cameras and on the Hikvision website it claims to have 106 degrees FOV. By measuring it out and also using a floor plan of my house, I am only getting about 75 degrees FOV. Does that seem right? I was expecting to get more view on the left to catch more of my driveway. As it is now there is still 2/3 rds of the driveway I cant see.
</a>" />
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Subbed.

Looks like a cool system.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Subbed.

View Quote

Subbed? Meaning did I have someone install it like a sub-contractor?

No, it was all me. Climbing through the attic pulling wire and trying to fish it out the eaves. Lucky for me I have a 12/12 pitch roof that made getting in the corners a little easier.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, it was all me. Climbing through the attic pulling wire and trying to fish it out the eaves. Lucky for me I have a 12/12 pitch roof that made getting in the corners a little easier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Subbed.

No he means he subscribed because he likes your system/thread.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Subbed.

Oh OK. Used to GD where that would be OST or "This is not a tag"

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Subbed.

Which I don't understand. This board doesn't support tags like that. You have to hit the Subscribe button.

Nice system OP. I've been debating between a setup like that and using a custom-built computer using Blue Iris.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm impressed with the image quality at that price point.

Looks good OP.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can someone explain why I am not getting the field of vision I expected to get from this camera? NSC 2.8mm dome.  From what I understand these are rebranded Hikvision cameras and on the Hikvision website it claims to have 106 degrees FOV. By measuring it out and also using a floor plan of my house, I am only getting about 75 degrees FOV. Does that seem right? I was expecting to get more view on the left to catch more of my driveway. As it is now there is still 2/3 rds of the driveway I cant see.
http://<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Kegster/NVR_IP%20Camera3_NVR_20161119201111_2383197_zpshiafw6a4.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

In my experience a 2.8mm lens is slightly wider than 90 degrees. That picture does not look like a 2.8mm lens.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

In my experience a 2.8mm lens is slightly wider than 90 degrees. That picture does not look like a 2.8mm lens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Kegster/NVR_IP%20Camera3_NVR_20161119201111_2383197_zpshiafw6a4.jpg</a>" />

Also on my cams changing from widescreen / 3:2 actually changes the FOV. Try that and see if you like it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going g by the hikvision website the 2.8mm dome is supposed to be 106 degree and the 4mm bullet is I think 87 degree.  

I am getting about that with my bullets or at least pretty close but the domes are about the same.  Nellys advertise 2.8mm on the domes but I wonder if they're 4mm instead ? Hikvision does offer options for 4mm domes. I wonder if they got a shipment of 4mm and don't know it?

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Also on my cams changing from widescreen / 3:2 actually changes the FOV. Try that and see if you like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are set to widescreen now. I will switch to 4:3 and see 2hatever happens.

But I would think the wide screen view would allow for an actual wider FOV .
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:21:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow this is so cool!!!11!11

I downloaded ivms 4500 on my and my wife's phone.

Took a little bit of reading and learning about ports and port forwarding but finally got it working.

Now I can see my camera views from anywhere.

I still need to figure out the email notification though . Need to do a little more reading I guess.

Also need to figure out on the ivms 4500 app how to get notifications .

But all in all I'm happy with it so far.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wow this is so cool!!!11!11

I downloaded ivms 4500 on my and my wife's phone.

Took a little bit of reading and learning about ports and port forwarding but finally got it working.

Now I can see my camera views from anywhere.

I still need to figure out the email notification though . Need to do a little more reading I guess.

Also need to figure out on the ivms 4500 app how to get notifications .

But all in all I'm happy with it so far.
View Quote

Be careful with how you do the port forwarding. There are tens of thousands of compromised surveillance camera systems out on the net.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I looked into that, and I don't think the Hikvisions were vulnerable.  They were not part of the big recent DoS attack.
View Quote

Is there a link to this for more information?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top