Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2016 4:14:45 PM EDT
Bought a second home, and want to leave some guns there, so I am looking for another safe. Do any manufactures have any black Friday sales? I know I can go down to the local tractor supply and pick one up, but I'd rather get something a little nicer.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Bought a second home, and want to leave some guns there, so I am looking for another safe. Do any manufactures have any black Friday sales? I know I can go down to the local tractor supply and pick one up, but I'd rather get something a little nicer.
View Quote

Tractor supply usually always has a sale.  Winchester I believe.  Cannot remember who makes them for them.  My buddy is buying one for the third straight year.  

They are his supplemental safes to his huge Browning safe.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Second home?  I assume that means you do not live there 24/7?  Tractor Supply safe?  Umm I'd look for something a little stronger IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Liberty Safe just told me they are going to have a big sale.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Second home?  I assume that means you do not live there 24/7?  Tractor Supply safe?  Umm I'd look for something a little stronger IMHO.
View Quote

That's what I said in my post. I would rather NOT go down to Tractor Supply and buy a safe from there.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

great i just bought mine 2 weeks ago.... oh well
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#6]
HOW NICE??
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine 3 weeks ago and dealer looked up BF deals and seems at least the FB Jr isn't getting cheaper than the $1399 it was selling for.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Edit: need to zoom in more when reading dates on a mobile device.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#9]
The rod is like $25 on Amazon and the shipping from my safe dealer vs. Gander still puts me ahead so no regret here.  

You have that scan?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally moving into a house. This thread is relevant to my interests.

Been looking to get a Liberty Franklin 50 or a Fatboy.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Gander's 2016 Black Friday circular shows the FB Jr listed at $1399 plus a $200 gift card and the door organizer panel and dehumidifier rod included.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine 3 weeks ago and dealer looked up BF deals and seems at least the FB Jr isn't getting cheaper than the $1399 it was selling for.

Gander's 2016 Black Friday circular shows the FB Jr listed at $1399 plus a $200 gift card and the door organizer panel and dehumidifier rod included.

Careful, that might be last year's circular...I don't know that I have seen them post 2016's yet.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Careful, that might be last year's circular...I don't know that I have seen them post 2016's yet.
View Quote

Yep. Good catch. Thought it said 2016 on it. Editing my previous post. Will post again when the 2016 is released.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#13]
So Cabelas has a Cabelas "Signature" 50 gun safe for $1999.99. It's made by Liberty and supposed to be the same thing as a Liberty Franklin safe. Does anyone know if Cabelas Black Friday prices are good online? It's over a 3 hour drive to the nearest Cabelas.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like Liberty has the Revere 23 & Franklin 50 on sale. Liberty BF sales
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So Cabelas has a Cabelas "Signature" 50 gun safe for $1999.99. It's made by Liberty and supposed to be the same thing as a Liberty Franklin safe. Does anyone know if Cabelas Black Friday prices are good online? It's over a 3 hour drive to the nearest Cabelas.
View Quote

I bought a scope online Friday  on their pre black Friday sale and still got the price so probably yes but I would call them to make 100% sure
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I bought a scope online Friday  on their pre black Friday sale and still got the price so probably yes but I would call them to make 100% sure
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also heads up you can save another %10-20 by buying gift certs either from some Ebay retailers or Verizon smart rewards as well as using http://activejunky.com/ . (I have not bought the gift certs off of ebay or used active junky however there was a thread stating that these are legit)
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmm... I went to Cabelas today and saw this safe.  It is the same as the Franklin 50.  I also got the circular in the mail stating it was going to be on sale for $2000.  That's a pretty good deal.

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Academy selling a $999 Cannon 60 gun safe for $599
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hmmm... I went to Cabelas today and saw this safe.  It is the same as the Franklin 50.  I also got the circular in the mail stating it was going to be on sale for $2000.  That's a pretty good deal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the franklin 50 and used to work at cabelas and could not find a difference between the 2. The sale price is pretty good plus the discount. The only thing is if I remember correctly shipping to the curb is $250.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder what electronic lock it has?  Is it one of the companies that has problems?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I wonder what electronic lock it has?  Is it one of the companies that has problems?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can assure you if it's a Cannon it's a shit Chinese low in life lock.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Is that true of a Liberty safe as well?  

Cabela's has one on sale:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/LIBERTY-CLASSIC-DP-ELOCK/2387435.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Doutfitter%2Blimited%2Bedition%2B30-gun%2Bsafe%26CQ_st%3Db

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Is that true of a Liberty safe as well?  

Cabela's has one on sale:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/LIBERTY-CLASSIC-DP-ELOCK/2387435.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Doutfitter%2Blimited%2Bedition%2B30-gun%2Bsafe%26CQ_st%3Db

View Quote
The elock in that pic is a S&G. They are one of the big names in the safe lock industry.

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 5:43:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have the franklin 50 and used to work at cabelas and could not find a difference between the 2. The sale price is pretty good plus the discount. The only thing is if I remember correctly shipping to the curb is $250.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, looking into it further, I think the Cabela's model has the marble finish with the upgraded velour interior... the upgraded interior is only available w/ gloss finish on Liberty's website (for additional $).  Also, the Cabela's model has cool pockets on the door organizer, not shown on the Liberty website, if that's important to you.  

Too bad Cabela's only ships direct from Liberty and only to the curb.  That will probably keep me from going through Cabela's once I get my house.  I'll see if the local Liberty dealer can do a similar custom safe order for me.  They but a truck load at a time and can get some pretty good prices.

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about a quick access safe when you are sleeping there?

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

HAHA,  was looking at that one yesterday and a guy stepped in front of me and took the last one on the floor.

Told the clerk I was there first and gave the guy a jolt.  We wernt in a hurry so let him take it.

Did get a rain check for this one for 499 sale price but am still looking at others.

Was also checking out the Cannon's at TSC but the Winchester had better ratings.

Today I followed some links here and checked out the Liberty Revere 23.

Should I fo and get the Liberty for 999 ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top