Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2016 4:29:02 PM EDT
Good afternoon everyone!
OK, so a quick question for anyone with a liberty centurion. Upon locking and unlocking the bars, the handle feels pretty notchy and the locking bars seem to "skip" along their tracks, Any similar experiences?
Keep in mind this is one of their basic safes, and is a 12 gun centurion model. It was pretty cheap and we only have 3 rifles right now so it fit the bill. Plus its american made...

Besides that, it works perfectly when bolted to the floor. Otherwise it wanted to tip over easily

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Centerion.3'X2'X5.
I have not noticed this. You might call and cunsult with Liberty.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is smooth.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Silly question, but are you making sure the door is pushed all the way closed when moving the bolts?  The bolts may be hitting the door frame causing the skipping feeling in the handle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting, I just assumed with a cheap safe that was normal. Thanks for the replies, I'll contact customer service.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Liberty is a decent quality. Liberty td me they discontinued to bring all production back to US.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the largest centurion...I think it's the 24. No skip feeling here. I'm awaiting for my power outlet kit to come and I'm ready to bolt that sucker down.

Now as to them discontinuing bringing production back to the US is news to me. At my local dealer and from customer service and support, they proudly told me all safes being made are made here in the USA. Also, it says "Made in the USA" and not "Made in America" which could be Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America...just saying.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the largest centurion...I think it's the 24. No skip feeling here. I'm awaiting for my power outlet kit to come and I'm ready to bolt that sucker down.

Now as to them discontinuing bringing production back to the US is news to me. At my local dealer and from customer service and support, they proudly told me all safes being made are made here in the USA. Also, it says "Made in the USA" and not "Made in America" which could be Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America...just saying.
View Quote

This was several years ago when they brought production of that paticular line back to the US.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This was several years ago when they brought production of that paticular line back to the US.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a bit confused. They used to have this lineup made outside the US and now started to have it made here in the US? Or viceversa?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm a bit confused. They used to have this lineup made outside the US and now started to have it made here in the US? Or viceversa?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to Liberty when I spoke to them after I bought the safe.
They were doing a close out of the China made line at the time

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top