Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2016 7:28:18 PM EDT
It's time to add a new safe to my house.  First let me start by saying I live out of town at the end of a dead end road.  We have very little crime in the whole county. I'm only looking to spend up to $1500 on this one.  The three I'm looking at right now are the browning sporter LTD 41, Liberty fat boy Jr, and the cannon wide body.

I really like the fact the browning has the gun rack in the door, as of now during hunting season my shotgun and rifle either stay in the truck or just set in a closet because it's a pain to put them in the very back of the safe.  Also like the extra height, 72" tall, it gives me an extra shelf to store stuff on.

However it only has 7 locking bolts with none on the top or bottom, and 30, min 1400 fire.

The fat boy Jr  has 12 bolts on 4 sides.  60 min at 1200 degrees but doesn't have door storage for multiple guns.

The wide body has 10 bolts on all but bottom and 60 min at 1200 degrees.  Also doesn't have door storage.

Any thoughts about these three. Also all have electronic lock.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like the door for handgun storage.  I'd say get on with that.

My browning, with browning door straps.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a big fan of the Liberty Products.  My Franklin 50 has been amazing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's time to add a new safe to my house.  First let me start by saying I live out of town at the end of a dead end road.  We have very little crime in the whole county. I'm only looking to spend up to $1500 on this one.  The three I'm looking at right now are the browning sporter LTD 41, Liberty fat boy Jr, and the cannon wide body.

I really like the fact the browning has the gun rack in the door, as of now during hunting season my shotgun and rifle either stay in the truck or just set in a closet because it's a pain to put them in the very back of the safe.  Also like the extra height, 72" tall, it gives me an extra shelf to store stuff on.

However it only has 7 locking bolts with none on the top or bottom, and 30, min 1400 fire.

The fat boy Jr  has 12 bolts on 4 sides.  60 min at 1200 degrees but doesn't have door storage for multiple guns.

The wide body has 10 bolts on all but bottom and 60 min at 1200 degrees.  Also doesn't have door storage.

Any thoughts about these three. Also all have electronic lock.

View Quote

I'd do the fatboy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I couldn't find any safe to beat the Fatboy jr for value vs cost.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I've read some people complain about the long gun storage on the door of the Browning safes.

Some people love it, but some people say it just interferes with the interior storage too much.

You have to keep the whole front of the safe cleared out so the guns have somewhere to go.  

Even without guns on the door, you still have the place where they go taking up room.

I love my Liberty safe.

<edit> My Liberty does have pistols all over the door, but the long gun storage on the Browning is different.  It sticks out at the bottom, taking up space.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top