Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2016 6:44:51 PM EDT
Interested in the GX-17 model below. How is the quality of these safes?

http://www.safeguardgunsafes.com/safe-guard-gx-17.html
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Twelve gauge is pretty thin.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the GS-41.  amazing safe.  It is 12 gauge.  But at that price point 12 is about what you will get.  Liberty is 12 gauge at that price point.  Then they go to 11 gauge.  any safe can be torched into...12 gauge...10 gauge.  Unless you want to move up to 3K and up, that is about what you will get for ~1.5K..  For me a safe is a good deterrent to your normal everyday thief.  They WILL NOT get into this safe unless they torch it.  I also have a network camera installed right above my safe.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the GX22 and love it, absolutely cannot beat it for the price, got mine for 1k OTD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top