Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2016 8:43:33 AM EDT
Modular "Storm" Shelters

as a walk-in gun vault?

There are many vendors who offer similar products (Sportsman's Steel Safes, Rhino Vault, etc.)

A good way to protect my treasures or an easy way to get my stuff stolen???

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#1]
It all comes down to the value of what is stored inside.   If you have $20,000 or less worth of valuables inside that room, you should be fine.  If you have $1,000,000 in there, it will be an easy way to get it stolen.

They do make modular "real safes" should the value of your collection warrant it.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It all comes down to the value of what is stored inside.   If you have $20,000 or less worth of valuables inside that room, you should be fine.  If you have $1,000,000 in there, it will be an easy way to get it stolen.

They do make modular "real safes" should the value of your collection warrant it.

View Quote

Recommendation?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Better than drywall room, not as good as TL15 safe.
7 gauge steel walls would be better than a lot (most)of the "gun safes" you can get.  Probably as good or better than most gun safes (RSCs)
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where have you seen a modular safe? I'm fairly certain the UL would never give a TL rating to a modular system.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where have you seen a modular safe? I'm fairly certain the UL would never give a TL rating to a modular system.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This kind of modular safe.

http://www.customvault.com/products/microvault.php
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
 Where have you seen a modular safe?  
View Quote

I believe the first small modular safe I saw was the City Safe Modul X.  

I'm fairly certain the UL would never give a TL rating to a modular system.  
View Quote

City Safe did indeed have a UL rating.  Off the top of my head, it was a six sided rating as well.  

Outside of small safes, the vast majority of bank vaults in new construction are modular, and carry UL ratings.

Recommendation?  
View Quote

Next time you're at your local bank, ask them who services their equipment and get their number.  Call them and see if they do modular work.  If they do not, they can point you towards who does in your area.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top