Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2016 9:02:32 PM EDT
All of a sudden, a few weeks ago, all of my Hikvision cameras stopped emailing me. About a week later, they all started again. They are at different sites on independent networks, one is serviced by Time Warner, the other, ATT Uverse. That leads me to believe there is an issue with the gmail account. I used the same Gmail account to email invoices through another automated system at work, so I know the address is valid and working.

That said, when daylight savings time started and my employees started coming in 1 hour early, I got a lot of emails for that first hour. I just deleted them.

Now it's stopped emailing again. Is Gmail blocking the mac addresses on the camera because of the volume of email or something?

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe not gmail, but I thought Chrome blocked a slew of video codecs or plugins?

My bad, thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#3]
did you check to make sure it's not labeled as spam?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I need a new stmp mail server.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I contacted Nelly's and they suggested either setting up a yandex account or updating the firmware. I was skeptical of upgrading the firmware, so I set up a yandex account and send an email from their webmail to one of my personal accounts. That was 3 days ago, maybe it will show up one day.

Nelly's sent me the firmware file and all cameras updated without issue. We're back on gmail now and I ordered 2 more cameras.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I contacted Nelly's and they suggested either setting up a yandex account or updating the firmware. I was skeptical of upgrading the firmware, so I set up a yandex account and send an email from their webmail to one of my personal accounts. That was 3 days ago, maybe it will show up one day.

Nelly's sent me the firmware file and all cameras updated without issue. We're back on gmail now and I ordered 2 more cameras.
View Quote

I went through the same thing.  Nelly's is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
How many times a day does it email you? Mine worked great the first few weeks but then all of a sudden I was getting several hundred emails a day and my gmail locked up due to bandwidth. Leaves fluttering and shadows were making the motion detect go nuts. I really miss how well it worked at first, I would only get an email if a package was delivered etc. It was great. I have one H series bullet and one EYEsurv dome.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many times a day does it email you? Mine worked great the first few weeks but then all of a sudden I was getting several hundred emails a day and my gmail locked up due to bandwidth. Leaves fluttering and shadows were making the motion detect go nuts. I really miss how well it worked at first, I would only get an email if a package was delivered etc. It was great. I have one H series bullet and one EYEsurv dome.
View Quote

Too much IMO.  

I asked grayman here.
Hopefully he's working on it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top