Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2016 9:31:49 PM EDT
Tried to firmware update my DS-2CD2332 but now the fucking thing is dead... Googling turns up various answers that may have worked 2-3 years ago but don't now.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is an American market model, call support.

If it is Chicom hackware...good luck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Working with the Amazon seller now. I'm never buying another Hikvision product again.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Working with the Amazon seller now. I'm never buying another Hikvision product again.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't say that.  Just buy them from a reliable source.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nellys or B&H photo are good to go. they are great cameras but the chinese imports are hard to do firmware updates on.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/forumdisplay.php/5-Hikvision

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The chinese/Intl versions should never be updated. you got a 25-50% discount buying it from china. If you read the amazon QA and reviews this info is there.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The chinese/Intl versions should never be updated. you got a 25-50% discount buying it from china. If you read the amazon QA and reviews this info is there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LoL.. Yea, it's my fault for not knowing chinese shit breaks. I know that now.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

not that the cameras break it's the fault of the seller for not informing the buyer of the pitfalls of trying to update the firmware

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nellys or B&H photo are good to go. they are great cameras but the chinese imports are hard to do firmware updates on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither Nelly's or B&H are on the Hikvision site as "Distribution Partners".  How can one confirm they are legitimate resellers???  I've gone through a lot of the list on the hikvison site (link and can't find any that sell retail (some of them don't list Hikvision products, others only sell to licensed installers)

ETA: searching "Hikvision" on nelly's gives no response, I don't think they carry them.  B&H does, but not being listed on the Hikvision site makes me think they are grey market.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Neither Nelly's or B&H are on the Hikvision site as "Distribution Partners".  How can one confirm they are legitimate resellers???  I've gone through a lot of the list on the hikvison site (link and can't find any that sell retail (some of them don't list Hikvision products, others only sell to licensed installers)

ETA: searching "Hikvision" on nelly's gives no response, I don't think they carry them.  B&H does, but not being listed on the Hikvision site makes me think they are grey market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nelly's labels them H series now.  I've never had an issue and there customer service is worth the extra price IMO.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#10]
E-mailed B&H:

Hello Greg Solis, my name is Moshe S:

Thank you for contacting the Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Yes, we are an  authorized retailer/ dealer for Hikvision. We have been working with them to update the list.
"

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:28:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

B&H is good to go. They are very careful to identify gray market stuff as such. I've been dealing with them for years and quite a bit of money and never had a single issue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#12]
If you know someone who could open an account with your local ADI (Low Voltage Distributor) their monthly sales are as good as they come. They are authorized.

I think I have some from them that are coming up on 2.5 years now.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally:

Nelly's labels them H series now.  I've never had an issue and there customer service is worth the extra price IMO.
View Quote

I've used Nelly's H Series and I'll echo the stellar customer service comment. Given that, is Nelly's selling American Hikvision or Chicom?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I only buy from Nelly's.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:11:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HikVision is the new standard in inexpensive high quality cameras. You're a cheap ass and went with the chicom version. The international or English would only have cost a few more bucks.

If money is an issue I wouldn’t buy anything other than HikVision. IMO they are great cameras. Not to mention they have VMS for free.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#16]
My hikvision camera owner's manual says do not update.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Nelly's is selling a new design in the Hikvision camera:

http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/h-series-nsc-204-bt-outdoor-hd-4mp-ip-bullet-security-camera-4mm.html

The sales dept said this is an OEM version of the Hik 4mp bullet.  I can't find anything on Hikvison's website that shows a design like this.  Wonder what's up??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top