Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Only 3MP here, but it would seem that you'd need quite a bit of throughput on your network to handle the streams from multiple 4K cameras.  The one in your link only has a 10/100Mb ethernet connection.  If I were to have multiple 4K cams in my house, I would want everything on a gigabit network.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only 3MP here, but it would seem that you'd need quite a bit of throughput on your network to handle the streams from multiple 4K cameras.  The one in your link only has a 10/100Mb ethernet connection.  If I were to have multiple 4K cams in my house, I would want everything on a gigabit network.
View Quote

I had thought about one to cover just the front of the house....I'll have to draw something up to show what I'm thinking.....I would like to have very detailed picture to capture plates in the neighborhood for cars that pass by.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I had thought about one to cover just the front of the house....I'll have to draw something up to show what I'm thinking.....I would like to have very detailed picture to capture plates in the neighborhood for cars that pass by.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then resolution isn't your only problem, you are going to need very solid HDR performance and a very fast shutter speed. We have plate capture cameras on all 3 of our parking garages, and a guy took one out with a truck that was too tall, the replacement cost was unbelievable!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Then resolution isn't your only problem, you are going to need very solid HDR performance and a very fast shutter speed. We have plate capture cameras on all 3 of our parking garages, and a guy took one out with a truck that was too tall, the replacement cost was unbelievable!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of these have the micro sd on board cards (128g..etc).....I was hoping somebody had one set up and could post some pictures...like Gray...I figured he would have been playing with them.  Also, I did see some that had a lower price, so they are coming down.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. We are pricing them out for our parking garage and they are stupid expensive.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep. We are pricing them out for our parking garage and they are stupid expensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya, no idea is dahua is good name or not, but on alibara website...they are about 1/2 what they are on amazon.....around $400 or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top