Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2016 7:35:23 PM EDT
I'm looking at the above box.  10ga body, 3/8" double step plate door, 950 lbs
1/4" outer steel plus a 12-gauge inner steel plate
1/2" reinforced door edge.

Pretty good price.

Anyone have any experience with this one?  I searched and didn't find any thread on this.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, the search feature on here didn't find it, but google did.
Found my answers.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_46/357780_Superior_Gun_Safes__How_are_they_.html
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been researching safes a lot lately.  I checked out Superior in person and am leaning toward a Master 50.  Overall it is a nicely built safe with a lot of features.  Someone will be along to tell you if you dont have 4ga walls, its worthless.  I have quickly realized in my research that unless you step up to true safes TL15 - TL30, etc. anything can be defeated.  Security is about layers.  In my opinion the Master Series offers a lot a a great price point.  

The negative that I have, at least for the 50s, is the self strength leaves something to be desired.  I will likely be adding additional supports to the full span shelves.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been researching safes a lot lately.  I checked out Superior in person and am leaning toward a Master 50.  Overall it is a nicely built safe with a lot of features.  Someone will be along to tell you if you dont have 4ga walls, its worthless.  I have quickly realized in my research that unless you step up to true safes TL15 - TL30, etc. anything can be defeated.  Security is about layers.  In my opinion the Master Series offers a lot a a great price point.  

The negative that I have, at least for the 50s, is the self strength leaves something to be desired.  I will likely be adding additional supports to the full span shelves.
View Quote

Did you end up with a Master 50?  I took delivery of mine about 5 weeks ago, very happy with it, even the shelves, have 15 to 20 handguns on each with no worries.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did you end up with a Master 50?  I took delivery of mine about 5 weeks ago, very happy with it, even the shelves, have 15 to 20 handguns on each with no worries.  Good luck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I havent made the deal yet.  It is what I have decided on, but right now I am trying to sort out my office/gun room with a new closet build out and decide what to do with my old safe.  The Master 50 is a big beast to make room for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top