Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2015 11:24:14 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a new safe, and would like to pick up one of the "64 gun" size safes to protect for future expansion (I'm aware that's just a marketing number).  Most of the safes of this approximate size seem to be pretty standard at 40"W X 24"D, with a few over-sized ones up to 44"W and 27"D, or some combination in between.  

Unfortunately, the space that I have for this safe can only accommodate up to 39.5" in width, and in order to get into position, the safe has to pass through a door that is 23.5" wide, with the door removed.  This is the only good place I really have for a safe like this, so I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work, preferably without pulling down drywall or removing door frames.  

So this is my quandry:  Where can I find a decent safe about the same size as the "64 gun" 40"W X 24"D ones, but measuring an inch less in both dimensions, at 39"W X 23"D?  Additionally, I don't have thousands to drop on this, so I need to find something under $1000.  I'm not particularly brand-sensitive as long as it's not a piece of trash.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Following, Interested in the same info..
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 3:08:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't found anything yet, but I did figure out that I can squeeze in a 40" width by elevating the safe above the baseboards on a small platform.  

I'll probably end up taking the doorframe out to accommodate the depth.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you considering the Liberty Fatboy Jr.?  Gander shows Sold Out  now but for $1199...pretty close to your budget and i think it fits...Interior Dimensions: 56.5" H x 38" W x 14.5" D .. I need another safe and this fits my criteria.  Fatboy Jr.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you considering the Liberty Fatboy Jr.?  Gander shows Sold Out  now but for $1199...pretty close to your budget and i think it fits...Interior Dimensions: 56.5" H x 38" W x 14.5" D .. I need another safe and this fits my criteria.  Fatboy Jr.
View Quote

Unfortunately, the Fatboy Jr is still 42x25 exterior. Nice safe, but it won't go in my closet.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Reading is fundamental...on my part...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top