Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 9:35:28 PM EDT
After some back and forth with FortKnoxVaults on here (thanks for all the help Ryan, and if anyone else is thinking of getting a safe from Ft Knox, definitely shoot him a private message -- the customer service is amazing), got set up with a local dealer and finally got my new safe this evening after about a 6 week wait. Went with the Protector 6637 with the summer special (1/4" thick steel body upgrade, redundant locks, and 5 fixture fluorescent light package), midnight blue gloss, crushed granite velour interior and the silver performance stripe/hardware...it really is beautiful. I'll try to get some pictures in better light tomorrow afternoon to really show off the color. The installers had a fun time getting it in (it barely cleared the interior doorways and had a tight turn in a hallway, but I couldn't be happier!

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We ought to just declare the performance stripe the official decal set of Arfcom.  It's my favorite too.

Great looking vault.
View Quote

It was my favorite of the decal options as well. The guys who delivered and installed it said they had only seen the performance stripe once before, which surprised me. I think I might have to get a performance stripe on my car to match my safe now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:30:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks great! Love me some performance stripe! Ryan is a stud as well. He probably never wants to sell me another safe after all the questions and changing my mind a couple times. However... Tough luck! I'm getting a vault door in my next house and it'll be a FK.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for Ryan just got my defender 6637 and its is  3x the safe that my fat boy is. If you need a safe I'm Ryan he will hook you up
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
About what ball park did that run you?
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

After some back and forth with FortKnoxVaults on here (thanks for all the help Ryan, and if anyone else is thinking of getting a safe from Ft Knox, definitely shoot him a private message -- the customer service is amazing), got set up with a local dealer and finally got my new safe this evening after about a 6 week wait. Went with the Protector 6637 with the summer special (1/4" thick steel body upgrade, redundant locks, and 5 fixture fluorescent light package), midnight blue gloss, crushed granite velour interior and the silver performance stripe/hardware...it really is beautiful. I'll try to get some pictures in better light tomorrow afternoon to really show off the color. The installers had a fun time getting it in (it barely cleared the interior doorways and had a tight turn in a hallway, but I couldn't be happier!
http://i.imgur.com/yGCdZCo.png
http://i.imgur.com/HdBy3n9.png
https://i.imgur.com/on3QbBM.png
View Quote
Sweet!

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a beautiful safe you got there Eagle, I love the color...
I have a 7241 in gloss black, that I love, I'd love to get that door
unit that Jewunit815 has, I just about filled my safe and that
door unit will give me the much needed room I need...
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's a beautiful safe you got there Eagle, I love the color...

I have a 7241 in gloss black, that I love, I'd love to get that door

unit that Jewunit815 has, I just about filled my safe and that

door unit will give me the much needed room I need...
View Quote
Thanks!  I got the same door unit with mine and the same crushed fabric interior (except I got Chocolate).  I also cut off the two bottom pockets on the door organizer becuase they touched the dry rod or whatever it is in the bottom on the safe.  It gets kind of hot, so I didn't want to worry about it.  In hindsight though, the organizer is kind of worhtless to me because the pockets are are really oddly shaped.  I would have preferred to only have velcro attachments with the holsters for pistols.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info about the door unit Eagle, I think it will probably be better like you said with individual holsters...
I also have a question if you don't mind, I can't remember if you get a changing key with the safe, I don't know if
one came with it...My safe is 13 years old and it looks and works as good as when it was made...

P.S. I apologize to the OP for these questions in his thread...
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thanks for the info about the door unit Eagle, I think it will probably be better like you said with individual holsters...

I also have a question if you don't mind, I can't remember if you get a changing key with the safe, I don't know if

one came with it...My safe is 13 years old and it looks and works as good as when it was made...

P.S. I apologize to the OP for these questions in his thread...
View Quote
I did not get a changing key with my safe.  I think they say it voids the warranty if you change it yourself.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I figured I'd post mine in this thread again. That way people can get a look at different colors. This color is gloss black with the charcoal stripe and black chrome hardware.

I opted to not get the door organizer. Hopefully I'll be getting some Gallow Tech on the inside shortly. Once I do I'll post some pictures.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#16]
OK Eagle, thank you...
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sweet!  I just got my 6637 installed this weekend!  Thanks Ryan!

<a href="http://s247.photobucket.com/user/dab969/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3029_zps01d6b13b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg141/dab969/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3029_zps01d6b13b.jpg</a>

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet!  I just got my 6637 installed this weekend!  Thanks Ryan!

<a href="http://s247.photobucket.com/user/dab969/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3029_zps01d6b13b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg141/dab969/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3029_zps01d6b13b.jpg</a>

Great looking safe there. How are you liking your redundant lock? I'm loving mine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Great looking safe there. How are you liking your redundant lock? I'm loving mine.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sweet!

I like it and was surprised the mechanical lock is more complicated than most mechanical safe locks.

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#19]
About what ball park did that run you?
View Quote

It was right around 4500 including tax, delivery and install. Don't recall the exact breakdown on everything.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#20]
You are lucky. I ordered my Fort Knox safe 5 months ago I still don't have a safe yet.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#21]
The performance stripe needs the O's replaced with the bolt face logo, exclusive for arf customers
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You are lucky. I ordered my Fort Knox safe 5 months ago I still don't have a safe yet.
View Quote

IM sent.  Short of something truly odd going on, that should NOT be the case.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The performance stripe needs the O's replaced with the bolt face logo, exclusive for arf customers
View Quote

That WOULD be cool.  Except all the poor guys who have one already would kill me.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#24]
When I get the Ft. Knox safe I have on order, its due in by the end of the year, will post a pic.  I am somewhat concerned
though that someone posted here about his safe being on order for 5 months.  I checked with the salesman last weekend
and his says its being built and should be in by the end of the year with installation  soon thereafter.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice.  I'd feel pretty secure with a 1/4" body.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
When I get the Ft. Knox safe I have on order, its due in by the end of the year, will post a pic.  I am somewhat concerned
though that someone posted here about his safe being on order for 5 months.  I checked with the salesman last weekend
and his says its being built and should be in by the end of the year with installation  soon thereafter.
View Quote

The customer who had waited 4 months to get his safe was due to a dealer mix up where an order was never submitted to the factory.  They had already resolved the order issue, the safe was ready and after I spoke with the dealer the safe was delivered and installed last Friday.

We currently do have a bit of a longer lead time due to the season, but safes are ready on schedule.  IM me if you want to check on your safe, but if we spoke on the phone and I gave you a window, we will hit it.

If it was through one of our retailers, they should be pretty close as well.  Most of them are excellent.  This issue of multiple months was an exception not the rule.

With you being in Florida you are almost certainly working with one of the best safe dealers in the country.  Short of some kind of disaster holding it up, your safe will be installed as advertised.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

The place that order mine messed up. Took 4 months but i now have it. Got It last Friday. Very happy with it. It is a beautiful safe.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#28]
looks great!
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#29]
what's your though on dual locks?  I wanted them, but didn't realize I would need to turn the dial to lock it after its opened.  It can be a pain to remember.

First row of pockets is ideal for snubbys or small autos, just tuck the tops of the pocket to the inside.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
what's your though on dual locks?  I wanted them, but didn't realize I would need to turn the dial to lock it after its opened.  It can be a pain to remember.

First row of pockets is ideal for snubbys or small autos, just tuck the tops of the pocket to the inside.
View Quote

The redundant lock is great. I've only had mine for about 6-7 months but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've never forgot to spin it off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top