Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2015 5:23:09 PM EDT
My mother has a cabin that has been burglarized a couple of times. She is looking for a camera system that would be motion sensor activated and would alert her via txt or computer so she could alert authorities. Does a system such as this exist?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#1]
search the forum...lots of information on a very basic topic
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Hikvision cameras are the current recommendations. Mine send me email and excited to an existing NAS. If you don't have that get their nvr
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
search the forum...lots of information on a very basic topic
View Quote

thanks for the help
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the useful info and suggestions. Looks like there is no internet available at the cabin so I guess mom is SOL.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

thanks for the useful info and suggestions. Looks like there is no internet available at the cabin so I guess mom is SOL.
View Quote
If a phone line is available she should get a security system installed.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have a landline phone at the cabin, look for a used SENSAPHONE on eBay . Put window, door and IR sensors to the unit, it will call any number that you program it with and alert you that there is a problem. I've used these for years at remote radio sites for real time monitoring. The link has the low end of the product line, I use the Sentinel line. You can crazy expensive, but depends on what you want to spend for security.

http://www.sensaphone.com/products/sensaphone-400-monitoring-system/videos.php

ETA: Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top