Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2015 5:17:00 PM EDT
I have a door that I want to install a beeping alarm when opened. On the outside I want a key pad to put in a code that will disable the alarm until it closes and on the inside I want a push button that disables it so I can open the door and get out. The door will not be hooked up to an alarm just sound to let me know if it is opened. It is a keyed door, I don’t want a magnetic lock on it.

Yes I have seen this product and I don’t want something that cheap.

http://www.menards.com/main/electrical/safety-security/accessories/white-magnetic-door-alarm-with-keypad/p-1471429.htm

I am trying to see another product that I saw on a security website but it had a magnetic lock which I don’t want, if I find the link I will post it.

My question is this. Do they make such a product like the one that I cheap one from Menards but better quality? Or is this something that I will need to piece together? Any input would be helpful. I am not hooking it up to an alarm system just a speaker that will make a beep so I feel like my options will be limited but there may be something out there that can be modified to my needs.

Thanks in advance!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top