Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2015 9:01:17 AM EDT
Got my safe about 2 months ago and wasn't happy with the lights I ordered in it.

Found this on Amazon

LED Light Kit

It was super easy to install - 3M tape sticks right to the carpet on the safe and won't go anywhere.

only real downside so far is need to install a switch for when the door opens. it comes with a remote to turn them on and off and that works fine for now.

Kit is bright enough to see everything, I may add another roll of lights just to get even more.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics of illuminated safe?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Trust me, they are bright as fuck.  I have three strips on my patio.  I had to install a dimmer because they were too bright.  

I also have them for my safe, just haven't had time to put them in.

I bought a red strip for night vision too.  

Be sure to buy the waterproof version that OP shows.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]
O
Quoted:
Got my safe about 2 months ago and wasn't happy with the lights I ordered in it.

Found this on Amazon

LED Light Kit

It was super easy to install - 3M tape sticks right to the carpet on the safe and won't go anywhere.

only real downside so far is need to install a switch for when the door opens. it comes with a remote to turn them on and off and that works fine for now.

Kit is bright enough to see everything, I may add another roll of lights just to get even more.
View Quote

I put one of these door switches in my safe. Works great.

Rockler switch
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eh, not wanting to post pics of inner safe - but I'll say it is plenty bright. Can see pretty much everything i need to.

I think a second set running along the back wall (I put this set around the door) would be blinding
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Rockler switch
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found this on Amazon

LED Light Kit

Rockler switch

awesome thanks!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there a way to convert these to battery powered?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Exactly what I used and it works awesome...
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 2:39:39 AM EDT
[#8]
OST
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is there a way to convert these to battery powered?
View Quote

I believe since these are 12v dc, you can wire up a 9v, it won't be as bright, but it will work. Or you can dig through that pile of phone chargers you have and look for one that outputs 12v dc, a little soldering work and a magnetic switch and you have a light strip that turns on when you open the door.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#10]
They also have a magnetic switch on amazon that several guys here have used.  It's about $5 and easy to install.  I'll see if I can find it.  I've had these on mine for about 2.5 years and they still work great.

edit:
switch

another one
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#11]
It's LED...generates no heat and uses almost no electricity....just leave it on 24/7.  No need to complicate it with switches.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They also have a magnetic switch on amazon that several guys here have used.  It's about $5 and easy to install.  I'll see if I can find it.  I've had these on mine for about 2.5 years and they still work great.

edit:
switch

another one
View Quote

The second one is the one I used, make sure you trust your SO when you shut the door to stick the switch in the right spot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought this for my safe a while back, definitely recommend it especially with the motion sensor.

Led Safe light kit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top