Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/14/2015 2:29:15 PM EDT
After many years of wanting a safe I finally took the plunge. I ordered directly from Ryan who's the person who runs Fort Knox's industry page around here. He gave me the Arfcom hookup and made my safe way more affordable than I ever thought it would be. He was extremely helpful and had plenty of patience with me through the three weeks I pestered him with emails and phone calls. One thing I really like about Fort Knox is they let you get exactly what you want with the way they do their options. So this what should be coming home with me in about 6 weeks.

Defender 7241
Corner bolts
Jet black paint with black chrome hardware, pinstriping and scrollwork
I added the "May Special" which upgrades you to the Redundant Lock, full light package and upgrades body and door to the next thickest steel. All of that only added $450 to the price.
Then I decided to upgrade the steel again to 1/4" body 3/8" door plate in addition to the fireboard and 10 gauge outer piece.

I essentially was able to get an Excutive line of of safe only much cheaper.

I spent more than I ever thought I would on a safe but I also got a much bigger safe with thicker steel than I ever thought I'd get. Thanks again Ryan for taking such great care of me throughout this process. I can't wait to meet you when I go pick it up.

I'll update with pics once I get it in my house.

The pics aren't the best. Still have finger prints and smudges all over. This thing exceeded all expectations that I had. The door has such a tight seal on it when I open and shut it. It's such a beast. I was originally thinking it was going to be a little over 1800 pounds, however when Bill from Fort Knox delivered and installed it he said it was a little over 2k lbs. Ryan, do you have any idea the weight?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
After many years of wanting a safe I finally took the plunge. I ordered directly from Ryan who's the person who runs Fort Knox's industry page around here. He gave me the Arfcom hookup and made my safe way more affordable than I ever thought it would be. It was extremely helpful and had plenty of patience with me through the three weeks I pestered him with emails and phone calls. One thing I really like about Fort Knox is they let you get exactly what you want with the way they do their options. So this what should be coming home with me in about 6 weeks.

Defender 7241
Corner bolts
Jet black paint with black chrome hardware, pinstriping and scrollwork
I added the "May Special" which upgrades you to the Redundant Lock, full light package and upgrades body and door to the next thickest steel. All of that only added $450 to the price.
Then I decided to upgrade the steel again to 1/4" body 3/8" door plate.

I spent more than I ever thought I would on a safe but I also got a much bigger safe with thicker steel than I ever thought I'd get. Thanks again Ryan for taking such great care of me throughout this process. I can't wait to meet you when I go pick it up.

I'll update with picks once I get it in my house.
View Quote

I certainly want to see the pictures.
Good for you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
A hookup is the only way i could ever afford their safes. Ive always wanted one and now i just sold mine a few weeks back. Hear that RYAN? I have no safe
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a really nice safe, looking forward to pictures
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A hookup is the only way i could ever afford their safes. Ive always wanted one and now i just sold mine a few weeks back. Hear that RYAN? I have no safe
View Quote

A hookup was the only way I was able to afford one too.
However it's a lot  more affordable than you would think. If you're on the fence give Ryan a PM. I bet you'll be presently surprised. Especially with the May special going on.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#5]
What's this hookup??
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What's this hookup??
View Quote

Send Ryan a PM. It's not my place to share the Arfcom hookup where anyone can see it. Also remember that part of the reason I was able to get such a good price because I got the Arfcom plus the "May" hookup.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#7]

In for pictures
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We are not the least expensive safe on the market, but the perception that Fort Knox is overpriced is patently untrue.  If anything, let the buyers -not me - tell you how we are a bargain for what you get in return.
View Quote

Yep.  High quality materials and manufacturing topped off with customizable features and plenty of upgrades and options.  Top that with good customer service and you've got a first class product.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The hookup is simply, Arfcommers don't pay retail.  IM me, we will pick out the safe you want/need and I'll give you a killer deal.  Some models/options have more wiggle room than others and that changes at different times.  What I can guarantee is a good price on a safe that already gives you more value per $ than any other brand.

We are not the least expensive safe on the market, but the perception that Fort Knox is overpriced is patently untrue.  If anything, let the buyers -not me - tell you how we are a bargain for what you get in return.
View Quote

If you get the deluxe upgrade plus a safe body upgrade, where does that take you for thickness?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you get the deluxe upgrade plus a safe body upgrade, where does that take you for thickness?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The hookup is simply, Arfcommers don't pay retail.  IM me, we will pick out the safe you want/need and I'll give you a killer deal.  Some models/options have more wiggle room than others and that changes at different times.  What I can guarantee is a good price on a safe that already gives you more value per $ than any other brand.

Depends where you start. The defender started at 10 gauge. With those two upgrades it took me to 4 gauge.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a lot of truth to both of these statements. It seems like people always talk about FK being overpriced. However when you compare Apples to Apples you soon realize they really aren't. Then factor in that Ryan is taking care of you and you realize you could not get another safe on the market with (whatever features you're looking at) for cheaper. They are also beautiful safes too.  When I went it to the safe buying market I didn't know much and had a much lower budget than what I actually spent. After doing research and talking with Ryan I figured I would be stupid to not get such a great safe at such a great price.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep.  High quality materials and manufacturing topped off with customizable features and plenty of upgrades and options.  Top that with good customer service and you've got a first class product.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's funny you talk about their customer service being so good. That is what actually got me to reach out to Ryan. He was trying to help someone that bought a Cannon safe and was doing it at no charge. It was at that moment that told myself, "I want to buy a safe from that company." I'm very excited to get my safe and I'm very proud to be one of the newest members of the Fort Knox family.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:41:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's funny you talk about their customer service being so good. That is what actually got me to reach out to Ryan. He was trying to help someone that bought a Cannon safe and was doing it at no charge. It was at that moment that told myself, "I want to buy a safe from that company." I'm very excited to get my safe and I'm very proud to be one of the newest members of the Fort Knox family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im not saying that it isnt a genuine gesture but the fact that its done on an open forum makes it very cheap advertising also. If it was just a 100 percent good will gesture then it would be done over im, not a public thread.

Nothing wrong with that, im a business owner. I get it. Just remember that increased sales are often a nasty side effect of such actions.

Its not different than the occasional commercials that only tout what charities a company helps with and doesnt talk about their products. They dont do that just because it makes them feel good. They are telling you so you will buy something.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:47:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Im not saying that it isnt a genuine gesture but the fact that its done on an open forum makes it very cheap advertising also. If it was just a 100 percent good will gesture then it would be done over im, not a public thread.

Nothing wrong with that, im a business owner. I get it. Just remember that increased sales are often a nasty side effect of such actions.

Its not different than the occasional commercials that only tout what charities a company helps with and doesnt talk about their products. They dont do that just because it makes them feel good. They are telling you so you will buy something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure why you are criticizing one our Industry Partners who actually pay several thousand dollars a year to be one about cheap advertising when there are other safe manufacturers on here that dont pay to be Industry Partners make their presence quite known. That is what you call cheap advertising. Welcome to The new America where companies get accused of good  customer service to try to earn more business. Isn't that the goal of any company?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm not sure why you are criticizing one our Industry Partners who actually pay several thousand dollars a year to be one about cheap advertising when there are other safe manufacturers on here that dont pay to be Industry Partners make their presence quite known.
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#19]
What are lead times right now.for getting a safe? Im inbetween moves right now waiting for my house to get done
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#21]
as soon as we move to a new/bigger house, I'm looking you up.

I have been going back and forth and I am wanting one now, but I have NO WHERE to put it.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

This totally rocks.
Already a fort Knox owner here, this makes me feel even better with my decision.

Txl
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No worries guys, I didn't read much venom in his reply.  Not worried about it except to state that the "cheap advertising" was neither my primary or secondary intention with that series of threads.  Perhaps a subliminal tertiary one I guess.  At that point in my mind you are moving into the realm of just good business practices.  If that increases sales... well good.
View Quote

Nice use of the word tertiary.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Tagged for future reference.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
4-6 weeks if it is built to spec.  We have a great logistics guy who can massage those dates and start a safe a little late to accommodate a later date etc.  Just have to tell us when.
View Quote

Ive sent you a couple messages that aren't showing in my sent mail box.  Let me know if you haven't gotten anything from around this time and date.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Tag for photos
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm not sure why you are criticizing one our Industry Partners who actually pay several thousand dollars a year to be one about cheap advertising when there are other safe manufacturers on here that dont pay to be Industry Partners make their presence quite known. That is what you call cheap advertising. Welcome to The new America where companies get accused of good  customer service to try to earn more business. Isn't that the goal of any company?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didnt criticize them at all. There was nothing wrong with what they did. I was just pointing out that it wasnt just pure 100 percent customer service.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:14:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Tag, this is to my interests..
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Contacted Ryan and got set up with my second Ft. Knox safe.  Saved several hundred on the best safe in the business.  Thanks man.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Contacted Ryan and got set up with my second Ft. Knox safe.  Saved several hundred on the best safe in the business.  Thanks man.
View Quote

Congrats! I hope you post pics once you have it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Also ordered a giant ass FORT KNOX safe I had always written off before I got such a great deal from Ryan.  Hell of a deal.  Cant wait to destroy my house with a 1600lber.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm subscribing to this thread. When we build our house this year a safe is going to be in the plans.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:33:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Also ordered a giant ass FORT KNOX safe I had always written off before I got such a great deal from Ryan.  Hell of a deal.  Cant wait to destroy my house with a 1600lber.
View Quote

Awesome! That's what mine is going to weigh too. Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

So what options did you end up with, size, color, etc?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Went with the 7241 defender and did body upgrades with the summer special.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If you are building, you need a vault door.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm subscribing to this thread. When we build our house this year a safe is going to be in the plans.

If you are building, you need a vault door.  

I dont disagree with that, but that would have to be in a basement and I'm in a low enough area that its possible for water to be a concern.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet! That's what I did too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just hung up with my local guy that Ryan had reach out to me.  I'm underway for the 7241 with the summer special as well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#42]
So mine is officially done. I was told they would try to get it on the truck today so it could be delivered next week but I could get through to the people that I needed to. It's paid for now, but I don't think it's going to be shipped for a bit.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What went wrong?  

Call me.  We will get it out.

eta, we've had a wild week when it comes to shipping, higher than normal volume and less than normal staff, but no excuses.  Call me and we will get you sorted out.  On the plus side your safe looks awesome.
View Quote

Bill got a hold of me. I think I might try to work something out with him. Thanks for your effort on this Ryan.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I just hung up with my local guy that Ryan had reach out to me.  I'm underway for the 7241 with the summer special as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I told you Ryan would take care of you.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Spizike9, I'll PM you my cell number. Call me if I can help.
View Quote

Thanks Ryan! I don't know any other big wigs of a multi million dollar company willing to give out that info. You guys have way exceeded my expectations. Hopefully you didn't take my face as complaining. Wasn't my intention. Was just sad.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks Ryan! I don't know any other big wigs of a multi million dollar company willing to give out that info. You guys have way exceeded my expectations. Hopefully you didn't take my face as complaining. Wasn't my intention. Was just sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that's some customer service! I wish I needed a gun safe right now!
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you do
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top