Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2015 7:01:32 PM EDT
Why not start another thread, I am bored, no affiliation with stories, spotted with a google search.  Note the sturdy safe is not a sturdy, just an adjective.

Ten guns here

Gold Silver guns here
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Stack on safe + detached garage+ open view= guns gone.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
$200,000 value, huh? Please don't get me wrong, and I am deeply sorry to the family if this was a legitimate case, but one should always raise their eyebrows at reported thefts of such value.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This absolutely x 100.
Look,I can understand someone buying a sub $600 gun safe if your goal is to keep a low value number of firearms away from your children or perhaps you just need something for a few months or even a couple of years before you can swing spending 2k plus on a very much better gun safe.
That safe belonged in the house and not the stupid garage and the value of those firearms probably exceeded 4k easily!!!
Not sure how they got in it but looking at the video it almost looked as if there was a drill hole above the combination lock.
There were no pry marks on the door or jamb that I could see.
Shit....
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Women hate safes...that is why they were not in the home
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually that was my exact thought due to so many past threads I have read over the years at various forums on that very issue but I just kept that statement silent.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Note the sturdy safe is not a sturdy, just an adjective.
View Quote

Note:

The safe was an older basic model STACK ON............NOT a STURDY SAFE

Wes
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Note:
http://i60.tinypic.com/zmcq4p.jpg

Wes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Note the sturdy safe is not a sturdy, just an adjective.

Note:
http://i60.tinypic.com/zmcq4p.jpg

Wes

Sturdy as in strong, not the company
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Bad choice of words, because it's not strong either.

$200,000 value, huh? Please don't get me wrong, and I am deeply sorry to the family if this was a legitimate case, but one should always raise their eyebrows at reported thefts of such value.  
View Quote

You wouldn't believe how many people do indeed keep that kind of money in their homes.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 4:31:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Actually that was my exact thought due to so many past threads I have read over the years at various forums on that very issue but I just kept that statement silent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could see it when they were interviewing the wife
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You wouldn't believe how many people do indeed keep that kind of money in their homes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh, I believe it. I would just only hope they would have better protection than a sheet metal box.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh, I believe it. I would just only hope they would have better protection than a sheet metal box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mattress works best
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Advertisement sure gets results! Out of sight out of mind.

As far as the $200k theft, I bet the insurance company won't even cover a fraction of it as they usually find loopholes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#13]
  I bet the insurance company won't even cover a fraction of it as they usually find loopholes.  
View Quote

Most insurance companies will not cover (beyond a minimal amount) cash or precious metals kept at home.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#14]
That's not a safe, it's a large lock box.  I know people who think the little brinks boxes at Walmart are "safes"
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Advertisement sure gets results! Out of sight out of mind.

As far as the $200k theft, I bet the insurance company won't even cover a fraction of it as they usually find loopholes.
View Quote

No "loophole" needed, the coverage limits are written into your policy; most of the time state laws mandates that they are in there and that the agent inform you (by giving you a booklet outlining coverage limits) of such.

You enter an agreement with an insurance company and they will cover up to the agreement says they will cover. Would you expect them to cover more than they agreed to cover?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#17]

And the thieves got enough ammo to blow up everybody................
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:27:08 AM EDT
[#18]
How do you have nearly a quarter million dollars worth of valuables in your home but you can't spend a few thousand on a camera system & alarm system?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Unless the owner had a very large rider policy, a detached building is usually insured for a Total value of 10% max of your home's value.  Unless he had rider,or a $2million home, he's screwed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top