Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2015 7:39:28 PM EDT
Just got a safe, its not one of those thousand dollar safes because I'm on a budget and had to buy within it. I'm curious, how do you all store your pistols in your safes? Currently I have my pistols just lying on the top shelf but I'm wondering if one of those door hanging organizers would work. What does everyone suggest?

" />

Yes, I realize it needs more guns.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
came here to say Day 1
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Where's the rest? And why do you have those weird red 5rd mags in the ARs?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Door organizers are nice but sometimes they're a pain finding one to fit your safe.  They also sometimes prevent the door from closing due to the items hanging pushing into the organizers.

One of these would work

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I assume the rest of your guns were stolen prompting the purchase of this safe.......
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn you've been robbed! Where are all your guns?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Where did you get the 10 rd blaze orange gen 4 pmags?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
In on 1!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL those would be 3 round mags. I actually use those mag well locks for the range. Beats having to use five pad locks to lock the case I transport the rifles in. I just didn't take them out of the rifles when I was trying to figure out where I was putting them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I assume the rest of your guns were stolen prompting the purchase of this safe.......
View Quote

No, I don't have very many guns, I only just started buying guns inay of 2014. We all started somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Door organizers are nice but sometimes they're a pain finding one to fit your safe.  They also sometimes prevent the door from closing due to the items hanging pushing into the organizers.

One of these would work
http://www.manaboutracks.com/SiteImages/00904-1sp.jpg

View Quote

Oh, that's nice. A lot nicer than some of the other ones I've looked at. Who makes that one? Never mind, found their website.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Pistol Rods and Rifle Rods

They will double the amount of firearms you can store in your safe; while also freeing up shelf space.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#12]
You know theres a subforum for this...

safe forum
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL those would be 3 round mags. I actually use those mag well locks for the range. Beats having to use five pad locks to lock the case I transport the rifles in. I just didn't take them out of the rifles when I was trying to figure out where I was putting them.
View Quote

Or you could just not use a lock in the first place. Guns don't fire on their own. I've never understood why people use locks like that. What if you need to get to one in a hurry?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I don't have very many guns, I only just started buying guns inay of 2014. We all started somewhere.
View Quote

good job.

slow and steady, one day you will have an awesome collection.

also it's good to see someone get the safe. before they get a shit load of guns.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

good job.

slow and steady, one day you will have an awesome collection.

also it's good to see someone get the safe. before they get a shit load of guns.
View Quote

Agreed.....nice job
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Or you could just not use a lock in the first place. Guns don't fire on their own. I've never understood why people use locks like that. What if you need to get to one in a hurry?
View Quote

You forget where I live. The guns need to be secured when going to and from the range.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You know theres a subforum for this...

safe forum
View Quote

No, I didn't. I'll report myself and get the thread moved. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Damn nice start with an M1A in there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They will double the amount of firearms you can store in your safe; while also freeing up shelf space.
View Quote

Had to actually Google those. I like that idea.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I use a dish drying rack from Ikea. $8

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/10208523/
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Damn nice start with an M1A in there.
View Quote

Thanks. Just picked it up a few days ago. Still have not shot it yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

You forget where I live. The guns need to be secured when going to and from the range.

View Quote
Lol this. NJ transport laws are fucking nuts. If you top to take a piss on the way home from the range with a pistol in your trunk, locked up or not its a felony, no shit

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I have some like this.  Think I got mine at Cabelas

pistol rack
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

pistol rack
View Quote

I was looking at those. How does the plastic hold up on them?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh, that's nice. A lot nicer than some of the other ones I've looked at. Who makes that one? Never mind, found their website.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of these would work
http://www.manaboutracks.com/SiteImages/00904-1sp.jpg

So, where did YOU find it?

I like a lot
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I like a lot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of these would work

I like a lot

I found it when I quoted your post. I iz smert.

I'm going to order one. Thanks.

Oh, thanks Tango7 for moving the thread to this forum.

Man About Tracks
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pistol rack

They are vinyl coated metal.  Holds up just fine.  They don't get much in the way of abuse.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They are vinyl coated metal.  Holds up just fine.  They don't get much in the way of abuse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pistol rack

Thanks. I ordered a few as well as one door holster to keep my .357 in loaded as an HD gun. Once the safe is actually setup I'll keep one of the ARs ready to go too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:48:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I use these racks

handgun racks

I have a few of them in the 7 gun size that sit front to back, and one in the 6 gun size that sits on another shelf side ways. If I need something out of the back end of the rack I just slide the rack out with one hand and grab the pistol with my other hand, then slide it back in. I also have room to store magazines under them if I didnt want the option of sliding them out.

The rubber coated steel racks take a pretty good beating without any damage to the coating. I have one rack that has been in use for almost ten years and still looks new. The rubber coating keeps the pistols from getting scratched and is sturdy enough 7 full size guns like N-frame 44mags and 1911's don't sag it at all. For the price they are hard to beat, and take up only a hair more room then the guns themselves. A 44 smith or colt will fit with no issues, but the X frame 460 and 500 is a tight fit (but they still fit).
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a Liberty accessory door panel and after loading it up it is hard to shut the safe door, I have to put a knee on the door while I lock it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have a Liberty accessory door panel and after loading it up it is hard to shut the safe door, I have to put a knee on the door while I lock it.
View Quote

I too have this issue with the PDO, or whatever they call it. It is nice for some stuff but at the bottom, it includes these large insulated pouches. Those pouches, protrude into the rifle-storage area so the utility of the door organizer, for the most part, is lost on me as I need gun space more than accessory space.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top