Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2015 4:23:52 PM EDT
Was on a sales call today for a remodel project and was talking with the owner in his office.  I noted his old vault door and started looking it over.  He said it was going to be removed and likely scrapped since they dont need it anymore.

I expressed interest and he said its all mine.  Nice Guy

Anywho here is a picture while its still installed.  I just need to go pick it up during demo phase

EDIT: Forgot to mention he said they had a locksmith come out to replace the wheel due to numbers being worn off and were told this brand of safes/vaults used to put vials of gas behind the lockset so that in the event it was hit with a sledge hammer the vial would break and harm the burglar. Any truth to that? Ive never heard of it before but he said they took it apart and this one didnt have that feature.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucky!
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Too bad I just installed one. Ive got plans for it though already
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I really hate you OP
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, If you had any more WIN you'd be banned by the FIA.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Ill have won once I make sure it comes out of that block wall and gets safely on my trailer.

Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]
This is your 2 month update request.  Any updates?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
That is awesome. I don't think they can be legally "booby trapped" anymore.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is your 2 month update request.  Any updates?
View Quote

I stopped out and unfortunately didn't get the project bid I submitted to him but he still said I could have the door.

He had the general take a look and they said it will come out without issue.

I think they are holding until end of may for demo so I should get it after then.

Still trying to figure out what to do with it. I'm building a new shop so it will likely go in there as a vault room.  I just installed a AMSEC about a year and a half ago for my personal vault.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#9]
2 Month update?  Is demo done?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
2 Month update?  Is demo done?
View Quote

They started other area of school first. once they complete there they will move to the admin area where this puppy is
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#12]
It is probably a glass plate relocker.  My safe has one.  Hit the door, glass breaks, additional bars spring out to keep safe secure.

Nice door OP!  I hope it all goes smoothly.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Shameless bump for an update!
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup, (some) old safes and vault doors had a glass tube / vial / bottle of tear gas in them.  EDIT : Example - http://safecrackeratlarge.blogspot.com/2013/10/safe-boobytraps-tear-gas-and-unknown.html
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Bad news update.  The schools office renovation was shelved for the year after going over budget.

The business manager said its mine as soon as they give it the go ahead but looks like its going to be next summer before I get it
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bad news update.  The schools office renovation was shelved for the year after going over budget.

The business manager said its mine as soon as they give it the go ahead but looks like its going to be next summer before I get it
View Quote

my work has one too and I'm trying to get it from them

I doubt it though. The old vault is just sitting with the door open full of boxes of junk. strangely it's on a 2nd floor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top